Frankenstein or reverse roll ???

Unfortunately i still frankst cause i seem to get a couple of specs of dust with reverse roll.Not that Frankenstein method is guaranteed zero specs job but you know what i mean.My question is..can you use reverse roll and get a perfect back window?is it possible?

10 hours ago, dzv said:

Unfortunately i still frankst cause i seem to get a couple of specs of dust with reverse roll.Not that Frankenstein method is guaranteed zero specs job but you know what i mean.My question is..can you use reverse roll and get a perfect back window?is it possible?

That's my same question I think your peel board has to be super clean I've seen them do a half of Reverse roll... I want to learn it and do it right but it seems like the Frankenstein comes out better it's hard to leave Frankenstein when you have been doing it for so many years like that

Edited by quality tintz

16 hours ago, quality tintz said:

Any tips on how to not get creases or dirt how did you get better ???

As you unroll dont let the rolled portion of film or your hand touch the glass. Also, dont start unrolling the film all the way in the side edge.  If the pattern pulls away, comtamination will come with it. When pulling liner, dont let the very last rolled portion or liner hit the glass.

A good tip is to clean your peel board and the film. I like to wipe the edge of the film 6-8 inches    I normally don’t clean the middle of the film. When getting to the end of rolling, let the last 8 inches hang and relax, then slowly slip the liner out. Watch it closely. If it touches the glass, shoot that area down with water. Then finish install. 

always franky the bg's,  got into rolling the windshields which took some practice.   as an old fart, hard to get into some of the front seats easy compared to the back seat.  was a mobile guy,  no peel boards and some of the big trucks and big shields were hard to franky without getting creases pulling off the vehicle or positioning on the windshield.  If you have problems with debris in the patterns, depending on where they are,  solutions can be figured out.   longer sticky stuff is exposed, the more chance you have for trash floating in.   heres an old clip on my franky on steroids