A few quick questions about tinting a 07 bmw 335 coupe

On 9/15/2018 at 1:54 PM, pjr710 said:

A few updates I just tinted again today going "with the grain" and it was much much much much much much better! lol

Right now i'm only doing my drivers side door

Here are some new questions that came up.

1. I kind of had difficulty getting the top line even following the slope, is there a recommended angle to put the blade and place the tint? The mirror gasket kind of screws me up with alignment.

2. Is it ok to heat and shrink fingers when the tint is installed? I shrunk all the fingers before hand but once I installed it there was only one tiny finger that came up in the middle bottom when i installed it - i heat shrunk it and seemed like there were no issues.

3. Last thing, what are the tools needed to install the tint? Is it like a squeegee first and then a hard card? Right now I only have a Conquistador but that sucks so I have to buy much better tools.

4. Edit: does anyone wear gloves? I keep getting little cuts on my fingers and I don't even realize it when it happens!

1. All I cut is the top bevel. Window all the way up, line the bottom, use silver sharpie to mark the sides, roll window down, cut the top, remove film from window, cut the marked sides. Ofcourse you have to look inside to see if the outside mark matches the inside side gaskets.

2. Yes it is, you just have to be very careful not burn anything on the inside. I have done it a couple times.

3. To install side windows I use: Squeegee, Blue max or orange crush, platinum triangle, hard card, 1 inch blade, olfa knife, white scrubber, sprayer with tint slime, lil chizzler, and a yellow bondo card cut in a triangle.

4. I hate gloves but my partner wears them. I dont like not feeling what i touch.

Tuck gasket on doors, having a shank to pull back up is helpful. I cut the back first and slide it forward then cut front and top. Good luck on back window sir search peanuts and dot matrix. Relatively easy to shrink, hard to make look good without vinyl or lots of time and effort. :twocents