Neutral Black Residential Film?

16 minutes ago, CnCCustoms said:

Idk what series.  Idk if it was black. Idk anything. They just had a chicken scratch estimate for solargard 35% commercial residential 

Well if it panorama cx35 it would be black. If they are just a solar gard dealer likely would be truview and that is reflective. 

The ceramic 35 from global honestly isn't that reflective and performs well. I might would throw up a sample of that for them to look at. 

Edited by jh812

6 minutes ago, CnCCustoms said:

I thought about that too.  Do u think it would have too much absorption?

I can't pull the numbers on my phone right now. I know all of their dual reflective are safe for dual pane and I've personally installed it with no issues. 

Hi CncCustoms,

I can understand that you don't want to miss out on a good paying job, however if you do decide to proceed given the chance of glass failure is pretty high, you might want to cover your bases by having the customer accept the risks involved in writing.

Express Window Films may have a product that suits if the total area of the pane is less than 40sqft. I'll attach the information to this post. 

NE Neutral 35 - (TSER) is 50%

Hope this helps.image.png.afa91eac8c80a2e204c48ae7b9d82f31.png

image.png

Thanks guys for the input.  I let the customer walk.  Told her I couldn’t offer a film that would suit her every need. If she was willing to give up one need or another I may could help. Even tried offering a neutral film. Found out the other shop was quoting $4k and using automotive “carbon” film!!!!  Told her no I wouldn’t do it. Wouldn’t risk failure. She politely thanked me and went with the other shop

15 minutes ago, CnCCustoms said:

Thanks guys for the input.  I let the customer walk.  Told her I couldn’t offer a film that would suit her every need. If she was willing to give up one need or another I may could help. Even tried offering a neutral film. Found out the other shop was quoting $4k and using automotive “carbon” film!!!!  Told her no I wouldn’t do it. Wouldn’t risk failure. She politely thanked me and went with the other shop

Well buddy you can't win them all. When some people get something stuck in their head and you tell them they can't have it they'll go to the one that says they can, even if it means consequences. Her lost not yours. If you ever get the call back that their windows broke I would respond I'm sorry to hear that I hope that other shop takes care of you. 

21 minutes ago, jh812 said:

Well buddy you can't win them all. When some people get something stuck in their head and you tell them they can't have it they'll go to the one that says they can, even if it means consequences. Her lost not yours. If you ever get the call back that their windows broke I would respond I'm sorry to hear that I hope that other shop takes care of you. 

That was almost word for word what I told my guy that works for me. He was bummed cuz he loves flat glass work because we’re in the ac.  Another thing that scared me was the lady telling me how she constantly changed her mind while remodeling.  I was like NOPE!