3M Obsidian VS SunTek Carbon

We have a sample but still haven't used it.  From what I have heard, it shrinks similar to 3M CS so probably a little more work to install then Suntek Carbon.  Quality I would put above Suntek Carbon since that is not a great film.  This is based on all the testing they did on Obsidian...it came out almost a year after it was originally expected.  So I expect it to be a solid film which is why 3M is trying to shift people over from FXPM.

Edited by DynamicATL

51 minutes ago, highplains said:

My Obsidian rolls are watermarked, at least the 35% is.

Correct, I just included it to replace FX Premium and the 35% and 50% have the watermark but the 5% and 20% in 60" do not.

1 hour ago, DynamicATL said:

Our sample of Obsidian did not have a watermark.  Most likely won't since it is not made by the same place that makes CS/CR.

Where does that come from? They are selling it (at least here) as if it is as color stable as CS.

Edited by dom_tntz

16 minutes ago, dom_tntz said:

Correct, the just included it to replace FX Premium and the 35% and 50% have the watermark but the 5% and 20% in 60" do not.

Where does that come from? They are selling it (at least here) as if it is as color stable as CS.

From my understanding, it is made in the same place as the FX.  Specifically, which manufacturing plant, couldn't tell you.

2 minutes ago, DynamicATL said:

From my understanding, it is made in the same place as the FX.  Specifically, which manufacturing plant, couldn't tell you.

Do you have access in the states to the black shade and metallic shade?