Paintless Dent Removal classes

7 hours ago, highplains said:

Yeah that may be a hurdle for you, color matching especially on bumpers can be a challenge to begin with. 

@jh812 was telling me about the glasses that helps with colorblindness. Gonna give that a shot once I actually start looking into it.

3 hours ago, Stewy said:

@jh812 was telling me about the glasses that helps with colorblindness. Gonna give that a shot once I actually start looking into it.

I've heard about those, seen a few videos of people trying them on for the first time, seem pretty cool. Hopefully those will work out for you. 

Yes we ended up going to Ding King. But we havent had time to practice the craft. We are slammed with everything. We are booked out for a month+. It is so hard to squeeze it in. We are thinking about taking the free training retake at ding king.

On 9/17/2018 at 6:50 AM, Stewy said:

Anyone know a place for me to learn how to do PDR? Paintless Dent Removal. If someone could give me a lead i would greatly appreciate it. I will travel cross country if I have to.

Did you find any good training and how was your experience? Do you recommend to use any training Let me know 

Edited by Simply

I personally wouldn't bother with the dentking classes.

The only class that I found reputable when I was looking was Marty Runick at Top Gun PDR. He's got some straight ahead vids that arn't loaded with "buy my crap" and has been training techs for decades.

Dent Barron on youtube has some good vids on the realities of day to day operation and good repair practices. He also has a few on how he got into the industry.

The "dent trainer"...lol, was a complete waste of $$. Basically sign up, and pay, to watch a giant infomercial and learn very little. 

Some of the best vids are the Russians with no english. Complete repair process from start to finish, no gimmicks, super basic tools. 

The only way that worked for me was to take an unpaid apprenticeship for 4.5 months and dive into complete shop operations from estimating, repairs and to see the differences in metal, paint and access from career technicians.

If you spend some real time deep in the environment you can get a better understanding of how the industry works and sus out which niche you want to occupy. This aspect was just as important for me as the repair itself. Alot of people in the dent industry have never touched a tool, but know how to write a good estimate and satisfy the pushers and the claim adjusters. The industry is bigger than you might think. :twocents

Definitely i have really liked what the discussion is all about =and this can be just amazing in every state , and i too have to understand that how and when they can be good in a given state. The discussion has helped me in getting more and more knowledge about the repairing and painting .

On 9/17/2018 at 6:50 AM, Stewy said:

Anyone know a place for me to learn how to do PDR? Paintless Dent Removal. If someone could give me a lead i would greatly appreciate it. I will travel cross country if I have to.

Have you checked out any local auto repair shops or vocational schools in your area? They might offer courses or apprenticeships in Paintless Dent Removal (PDR). Additionally, online platforms like YouTube and Udemy often have tutorials and courses available for learning PDR techniques. If you're willing to travel, you could also look into specialized workshops or training centers that offer comprehensive PDR training programs. Good luck on your journey to mastering PDR!