Windshield sizes

Dynamic said it well. 36" and 40". Sometimes I like a 40" where a 36" will work so I have extra room to shrink top corners and/or stretch. I don't know what film you use but a problem you will run into is with Llumar for ex. they don't sell the air80 in a 40" unless you order a 60" and have it cut down to a 40/20. They only stock 36 in precut. The only situation you might have where you would even consider splicing is when you put a strip on the top and then tint the rest of the way down with the 80 but I don't recommend it. It is very noticeable and much easier to tint the whole windshield and then apply strip over that. 

On 9/28/2018 at 12:21 AM, Sunbreakers said:

Dynamic said it well. 36" and 40". Sometimes I like a 40" where a 36" will work so I have extra room to shrink top corners and/or stretch. I don't know what film you use but a problem you will run into is with Llumar for ex. they don't sell the air80 in a 40" unless you order a 60" and have it cut down to a 40/20. They only stock 36 in precut. The only situation you might have where you would even consider splicing is when you put a strip on the top and then tint the rest of the way down with the 80 but I don't recommend it. It is very noticeable and much easier to tint the whole windshield and then apply strip over that. 

I will be using Global Window Films and they only offer 30", 36", 60", 72" in the 80%.

I was thinking about ordering the 36" but now i wonder if I should order the 60" and have it cut 36" and 24" so I can now offer both windshield and other windows with the clear ceramic tint if the client prefers clear tint over dark tint.

23 hours ago, Andrade92 said:

I will be using Global Window Films and they only offer 30", 36", 60", 72" in the 80%.

I was thinking about ordering the 36" but now i wonder if I should order the 60" and have it cut 36" and 24" so I can now offer both windshield and other windows with the clear ceramic tint if the client prefers clear tint over dark tint.

That's strange because I have a couple rolls of 40"X100' in 80%. I go through Express though, not sure about you. I wouldn't order the 60" cut 36/24 if you don't have 40".  I had a van come thinking I could do it in 36" but NOPE! Had to order a 40" to do it. 

1 hour ago, CaliTINT said:

That's strange because I have a couple rolls of 40"X100' in 80%. I go through Express though, not sure about you. I wouldn't order the 60" cut 36/24 if you don't have 40".  I had a van come thinking I could do it in 36" but NOPE! Had to order a 40" to do it. 

Hey Cali, did you have to call in to order the 40"? I looked and looked and don't see that on their website....just 36 or a 60 or am I missing something?

9 hours ago, Sunbreakers said:

Hey Cali, did you have to call in to order the 40"? I looked and looked and don't see that on their website....just 36 or a 60 or am I missing something?

40 inch isn't listed on the site, so you have to call in. I complain about their website just about every time I call :lol so outdated.