Tesla Model 3

Was wondering the same about if the bg can be done in 2 pieces. Gave a quote last week and the guy said others model 3 owners had the BG done in 2 pieces.  Also, read on a Tesla forum of a shop i know of that utilizes a plotter does them in 2 and charges a bunch more if you want it done in one. From what some described you just see a small overlap that is really only noticable for read passengers.  

Edited by pbalentine
Wording

About a 1/4 to 1/3 of the way down there is a partial antenna line you could use as a seaming point, it doesn’t go all the way across though. The defrost is in a half circular shape so that’s out. The top part is shaded because it’s really the roof, so you wouldn’t see the seam from outside. So far all these customers have picked my most expensive film, so I’ve only been adding $100 bucks for the 1 piece.

Ive been quoting $75 more and not getting any. I will start offering the seam for maybe $50 more and then do $100 or more for the single piece. That shop i know of adds $300 for a 1 piece!!! Good way to steer them toward the the 2 piece route!

On 10/2/2018 at 8:52 AM, blackoutauto said:

Most people quote to low for the one piece cuz they are to scared of the customers reaction. don't be softies ad bump it up. Less headaches 

Most Tesla customers are more worried about the film and quality of install over the price, at least the ones I’ve done work for.

I was amazed when I  saw what tesla owners were getting.  The thread on 3s I sae they were going all out....full PPF, Ceramic coating, and Crystalline all around and on windshield.  Ive ony done teslas in CXP. Probably gonna swap it out for Ceramic.  Brand is a huge thing with teslas custys...if its not a known brand, you wont tint many. 

Edited by pbalentine

Did my first Model 3 last week, we did the the whole thing including windshield in ceramic and also did the entire front end in PPF. Customer is loving it and i actually enjoyed working on this car. My helper did crunch a cut out while i was shrinking he opened a door on the other side and those shoot down quite a bit so had to re cut that door but it was hella funny seeing his reaction. Love this forum thanks for everyone's input .