New Ford Explorer back door wings

7 minutes ago, poppawilly67 said:

every thing i have done to try and eliminate gaps have failed.  im convinced the only way to do these quarters and not gap them is to pull the glass.  even the clear liner with a sharpie pattern dont work. 

You can't pull them either the molding is attached to the glass like the Mercedes. 

I stripped an explorer yesterday that had the same gaps...Been a while since I have tinted one, but it seems you can just trim the edge of the gasket on the inside and tuck behind? I did a bunch of police explorers about a year ago and don't recall an issue. 

Edited by Sunbreakers

9 hours ago, Sunbreakers said:

I stripped an explorer yesterday that had the same gaps...Been a while since I have tinted one, but it seems you can just trim the edge of the gasket on the inside and tuck behind? I did a bunch of police explorers about a year ago and don't recall an issue. 

Police explorers are different, they have a black border around them. Trimming in my experience only makes it worse.

Thanks, Jh812...I did not recall that difference, but certainly worth noting for future reference and I guess explains why I didn't notice a problem. Wonder why they would put two different types of quarters in the same vehicle..seems like a costly maneuver. 

30 minutes ago, Sunbreakers said:

Thanks, Jh812...I did not recall that difference, but certainly worth noting for future reference and I guess explains why I didn't notice a problem. Wonder why they would put two different types of quarters in the same vehicle..seems like a costly maneuver. 

Because :ford:lol I just did two of the police model last week so it was fresh in my mind.