Tips for film install on fresh paint

Hi, I'm looking for film install tips on fresh paint. I have a few body shop customers that need bumpers and hoods done after a few days of paint dry time. The biggest problem is broken adhesive marks that show up in darker colours, I generally add more soap to the slip solution and occasionally wax the areas where the film needs excessive stretch. 3M gel works ok but I still can get a few marks. Any helpful tips will be appreciated. I use 3M pro film, water with J&J baby shampoo slip solution, steamer when needed.

thanks

Extra slip and make sure you're keeping it wet and working quickly. The adhesive really tacks quickly to fresh paint, also fresh paint shouldn't be waxed for at least the first month so I would avoid doing that as it can cause it's own set of issues. Make sure you get a good stretch initially so you can avoid lifting the film any more than is absolutely necessary, I've seen fresh paint get pulled from bumpers on more than one occasion when lifting the film during install.

Never install over fresh paint. The finish has gasses that need to expel naturally or you could risk spots lifting at time of install or down the road if it ever has to be removed. If it is a fresh spray single pass with clear, two to four weeks will be fine. If it is three or more coats of spray and clear, give it a good 30 days. 

Thanks for the comments, I gave up years ago telling the bodyshop owners that film shouldn't be applied to fresh paint. In the past 15 years the only major negative effects is removing the film and broken adhesive marks. The marks are only a problem on black or dark colour paint. I haven't seen any weird discolouration or lifting so the jobs continue to go on. I don't do any retail jobs on fresh paint unless the customer are comfortable with the risks. I have found using solution with a lot slip can work well on easy installs but doesn't 

help on the difficult ones where you need to have the film tack into place. Maybe some films may work better than others but I want to continue using the 3M so I'm wondering if others have had the same install issues and if there are tips to resolve the problem.

thanks

I won't fit on anything less than 7 clear days after it comes out of the oven and been checked. I have had film bubble on a 5 day old paint job and luckily it left the paint behind when it was removed. The solvent smell was very strong as well as it would be and proved that it wasn't a bad install on my part. I have also lifted paint on a Lotus when the paint shop told me the car had been painted for over a week but when I spoke to the painter he said it had only come out a few days ago. The car had to go back in for a repaint delaying the return to the customer massively more than the extra few days the should have waited and I charged them for two installs. I still work for the paint shop but they have learn't their lesson.

Steve

I wont install film on a repaint until 7-10 days after, unless they are ok with no warranty and that I wont be held responsible if a paint mishap happens during film install. I tell them if I can put a mark in the paint with my fingernail, its still too fresh. 

Hi, I'm looking for film install tips on fresh paint. I have a few body shop customers that need bumpers and hoods done after a few days of paint dry time. The biggest problem is broken adhesive marks that show up in darker colours, I generally add more soap to the slip solution and occasionally wax the areas where the film needs excessive stretch. 3M gel works ok but I still can get a few marks. Any helpful tips will be appreciated. I use 3M pro film, water with J&J baby shampoo slip solution, steamer when needed.
thanks
[/quoti
I have ppf nothing happens its very gud quality if need just mag me on WhatsApp no +96597862017