Other then Quick Books

We have used always Quick Books at the shop. I have liked it because we are familiar with it, and our and most all accountants use it. But I have wanted to be able to have more ways to search history other then name. Being able to search by name or VIN would be nice for our dealer accounts. If it can be done in QB I don't know how. Is anyone using a different accounting software with a feature like this?

Dropped Quickbooks couple of years ago and will never go back.  Besides using them for accounting, using them as a POS is very out-of-date.  We have been using Square since then and love the simplicity and flexibility.  We did the iPad thing originally with a few issues here and there all iPad related.  We now have the POS that Square built below.  They have the POS, gift cards, scheduling, invoicing, marketing, and even now have Payment Installments.  So people can pay over time while you get paid like normal...similar to Snap and others.  I would say 90% of our customers freak out over the customer display it comes with, they love it.  As far as searching receipts/etc, it is super easy by the name, phone number, email, or last 4 of the credit card.  Also, the reports are extremely detailed and can create custom ones.  Plus everything is on Square's cloud, no worrying about your local PC going back or hard drive.

https://squareup.com/hardware/register

Edited by DynamicATL

15 minutes ago, DynamicATL said:

Dropped Quickbooks couple of years ago and will never go back.  Besides using them for accounting, using them as a POS is very out-of-date.  We have been using Square since then and love the simplicity and flexibility.  We did the iPad thing originally with a few issues here and there all iPad related.  We now have the POS that Square built below.  They have the POS, gift cards, scheduling, invoicing, marketing, and even now have Payment Installments.  So people can pay over time while you get paid like normal...similar to Snap and others.  I would say 90% of our customers freak out over the customer display it comes with, they love it.  As far as searching receipts/etc, it is super easy by the name, phone number, email, or last 4 of the credit card.  Also, the reports are extremely detailed and can create custom ones.  Plus everything is on Square's cloud, no worrying about your local PC going back or hard drive.

Does it have a quick conversion to quick books for accounting? I have seen some other that do that.

On 10/10/2018 at 5:37 PM, DynamicATL said:

After a year plus do you still use squareup?