Casper Cloaking Film

I am needing advice on this film.  I have a pretty big job with this film and having trouble laying big pieces.  The size of the glass is 48” x 103” and I cannot get it to lay down without finger.  The glass is bending due to being frameless so that is why I am thinking it won’t lay without finger.  I also lower my solution with a drop of dawn and it still dont work. It will stick no problem on smaller size glass 48” x 36”....advice please...maybe it won’t stick due to thickness.

8 hours ago, Midtown Houston said:

I am needing advice on this film.  I have a pretty big job with this film and having trouble laying big pieces.  The size of the glass is 48” x 103” and I cannot get it to lay down without finger.  The glass is bending due to being frameless so that is why I am thinking it won’t lay without finger.  I also lower my solution with a drop of dawn and it still dont work. It will stick no problem on smaller size glass 48” x 36”....advice please...maybe it won’t stick due to thickness.

Get heatgun shrink fingers..maybe...

7 hours ago, drtint said:

https://www.decorativefilm.com/mm5/graphics/00000001/PF001-801_Spec.pdf

found this, maybe it will help. Haven’t installed any of this material sounds like a learning curve with the orientation of the material. Good luck 

Finally figured it out after wasting 3k worth of material...this material is almost $50 per sq ft...

439670A8-24EC-4043-8FEA-05A7FF85E10E.jpeg

28B6452C-FD39-4CE9-8F79-599A463A97A4.jpeg

34 minutes ago, blackoutauto said:

very nice install!!!

Howmuch did you charge for the job and can i ask you what you had to do differently to make it work

Not enough...$95 a sq ft ...3k sq ft with a combo of this film and dual cloud deco film. Use less soap, aim right, one pass squeeze, just thinking outside the box.

On 10/13/2018 at 3:35 PM, Midtown Houston said:

Not enough...$95 a sq ft ...3k sq ft with a combo of this film and dual cloud deco film. Use less soap, aim right, one pass squeeze, just thinking outside the box.

Good to see you figured it out.

I would have encouraged less slip too.

If anyone out there is called upon to install this. Be 100% sure of the orientation of the film install. Use the test card to ensure  ALL locations for install will work with the monitor on the wall.

Due to the differences in orientation on  polarized filters on different monitors and various laptops in use in the "cloaked" room it may or may not work. Encourage the users of the film to confirm it works on the laptops brought into the room BEFORE the "top secret" info is displayed to the rest of the office.

This vid may help to understand how the polarized filters work.