Tips to avoid "chicken skin" when installing ultimate plus

I recently made the switch from suntek to xpel and need some help avoiding chicken skin looking stretch marks. When I'm installing full hoods and there is a deep recess (ie f150 s and f350s) I try to get rid of all the air before squeegeeing the recess but what I find is that I also get rid of too much slip solution and then I end up getting dry spots and chicken skin like stretch marks, do you guys have a particular squeegee and slip combo to tackle these valleys without having them pop up or become dry? I usually use the black smoothie with dawn and a small bit of alcohol mix because it really gets into the valley but it doesn't seem to have the stiffness to get rid of the moisture and keep the valley from popping up. I also notice that in order to get rid of all the moisture from the film I need to use a red baron or wait overnight for the bubbles to dissipate. Never got any bubbles or dry spots with suntek but I understand the adhesive is much much more forgiving. 

Black smoothie should work just fine.  

As as far as install solutions, I’d switch from dawn to Johnson & Johnson’s (not generic).   It fares better with the Ultimate Plus adhesive. 

If if you’d like, you can send me some pics or video to jphillips@xpel.com and we’ll diagnose quickly. 

Defiantly try J&J. I used dawn with Suntek also, it doesn't play well with Ultimate Plus. Also try a spray carnauba wax on the panel before install. Lightly wipe it on and then let it haze over, then install film. 

Thanks for all the tips, if I get another one of these I'm gonna work out the solution from the middle out rather than outside in cause that should ensure there are no dryspots, definitely makes it harder to keep the valley from popping up when you're not 6 foot 11 and trying to do a f350 hood haha. Cheers 

On 28/10/2018 at 2:31 PM, Jake said:

Defiantly try J&J. I used dawn with Suntek also, it doesn't play well with Ultimate Plus. Also try a spray carnauba wax on the panel before install. Lightly wipe it on and then let it haze over, then install film. 

Why you suggest to spray carnauba wax on the panel before install the film ? 

On 11/2/2018 at 1:36 AM, Matteo said:

Why you suggest to spray carnauba wax on the panel before install the film ? 

It helps so the adhesive doesn't catch when stretching the film causing chicken skin.

On 10/27/2018 at 10:55 AM, XPEL Jeff said:

Black smoothie should work just fine.  

As as far as install solutions, I’d switch from dawn to Johnson & Johnson’s (not generic).   It fares better with the Ultimate Plus adhesive. 

If if you’d like, you can send me some pics or video to jphillips@xpel.com and we’ll diagnose quickly. 

Tisk tisk Jeff. Shouldn't you be recommending your gel............. :soapbox