Blue Max vs Orange Crush vs Redline etc

10 hours ago, Sunbreakers said:

How about sanding it? I sand mine with 800 grit. Sometimes follow up with 600. Not quite as sharp usually hard to get that back. 

Also, while we are on the subject of these three....I have noticed so far that either all of a sudden I am squeegeeing over areas that I shouldn't be or it seems to me the redline nicks a whole lot easier..maybe it is just me, but one of my guys has the same problem. Him and I put new ones in our handles and in a week or two we are having us a sit down and sand party for what seems like forever. 

The blu max is 95 durometer and the redline is 98 durometer.  The harder the more easlily a knick could happen. Im a skateboader and the wheels are a similar urethane ranging from about 95-100. The small amount is actually big difference in feel. The 99 and 100s can get flat spots & knicks (uneven skid marks). Softer wheels and it wont happen. 

4 minutes ago, pbalentine said:

The blu max is 95 durometer and the redline is 98 durometer.  The harder the more easlily a knick could happen. Im a skateboader and the wheels are a similar urethane ranging from about 95-100. The small amount is actually big difference in feel. The 99 and 100s can get flat spots & knicks (uneven skid marks). Softer wheels and it wont happen. 

Wow. Reading that took me WAYYYYY back.  Thank you for that.  Ratbones were my favorite wheels. :thumb   :skating   

1 hour ago, pbalentine said:

Cool! Yeah those ratt bones and older wheels were in the high 80s durometer. 

Some Ratbones on some Gullwing trucks on my Vision - John A. Grigley2  board .  That was a LONG time ago. :oldman   

This thread is going to go way off topic. haha  I saved my money for a long time to build my first good skate board. It was a Psycho Stick with Gull Wing Trucks , Bullet wheels and German bearings. I ran out of money and couldn't get grip tape for a few more weeks. I need to get a repro of it. I also want a Christian Hosoi board, just because I always wanted one and never got it.

Edited by Jake

9 minutes ago, Jake said:

This thread is going to go way off topic. haha  I saved my money for a long time to build my first good skate board. It was a Psych Stick with Gull Wing Trucks , Bullet wheels and German bearings. I ran out of money and couldn't get grip tape for a few more weeks. I need to get a repro of it. I also want a Christian Hosoi board, just because I always wanted one and never got it.

Just killing time chatting waiting on @jh812 to post this dang picture he was talking about :poke  :camera  

Just now, jh812 said:

I already posted it on that one but here it is again. 

Yeah I just saw where you put in the post you mentioned it in.  That looks interesting.  Will have to try that.  

Did you really post that at 70mph?? :gasp  :dang   

Just now, Bham said:

Yeah I just saw where you put in the post you mentioned it in.  That looks interesting.  Will have to try that.  

Did you really post that at 70mph?? :gasp  :dang   

:yep:lol

I think I like this one but time will tell. It's a good in between the two. Haven't had any issues with the redline but damn it's stiff.