Looking for Advice

Good morning Pros, I have a little bit of a decision to make and I am hoping you all can provide some input.

I have been tinting for about 8 years now, almost exclusively for dealership preload both in house and for vendors. Pros and cons definitely, but I feel better with steady(ish) work. My market is pretty saturated with preload. I recently got on with a company that pays pretty well above average, but my install environment is rough and I've been pretty slow, but if they pick up another account or 2 I will be set. IF. 

I have an offer from a retail shop that doesn't have any real work but they are trying to get more auto tint and PPF work, along with flat glass and they want to invest in a tinter with experience and pay a salary/draw to keep me fed until the work gets to a level where commission will overtake that. But the average commission is pretty far below what I make now. They do offer benefits but that's not a huge deal because I'm on my wife's insurance now. Paid vacation is nice though.

The retail shop is way more established and I believe that they can pay me what they say, but I would be taking a pretty big hit per car. The dealership vendor I work for pays great, but I know how cutthroat that business is as well as the other challenges (environment, operations, etc.)

I don't want to get too specific, but do you all have any input or advice as to thing I should think about short term vs long term?

Thanks in advance for any words of wisdom!

Go where the money is, people will tell you all their dreams for you and then change their minds when you're there if they feel like it. It seems like they're looking to you to bring all this business, keep that in mind, they may be expecting you to make it a money maker and if it doesn't guess who's to blame. Go where the money is.