Tips for Hand Cutting Frameless Windows

Yes I meant I am going to send them to Brett at Film and Vinyl designs. I can hand cut just fine, but I wanted to know if anyone had any experience in sending in patterns so they would fit best. Also I haven't cut a bunch of frameless so I wanted to see if there are any tricks so I don't have to fiddle with them too much, particularly corners. Thanks!

Follow the glass with your blade leave a little longer in the front and bottom to tuck below the seal,round off the corners pretty staight forward.just curious if your not very experienced in hand cutting why would you be sending them to FVD for other people to use.? :2cents

6 hours ago, esoterik_appeal said:

Because I want the patterns. To be clear I can hand cut, and I already have a couple done that fit well. I was just looking for tips for rounding corners and sizing that would make the best patterns because I'm less experienced than I know some of you are. I don't need basic instructions, I am looking for pro tips, thanks!

Yeah we all get that, but i don't think anybody wants you sending patterns in after "doing a couple that fit well". Someone with 10, 20, 30 years experience doesn't want to pay an ass ton of money for a plotter/computer/software combo to have plot patterns on expensive ceramic film created by a novice who has "already have a couple that fit well".  There's your pro tip. You're welcome.

By the way no, you don't know how to hand cut if you're posting asking how to hand cut. 

Edited by Tint Slayer

All, I wouldn't worry too much about him sending in the patterns. About a month ago I sent in the 2018 Nissan Titan Windshield with the sensor in it, 2019 Chevy Silverado windshield, and a "repair" pattern for the current Ram 1500 windshield that has never ever fit and is like 2" too long on the sides from the middle to the top corners .....sent that to Terrance at FVD. Called him now twice.. and no update to the patterns database....for any of them. Guy acts like I have caught him in the middle of watching a football game every time I call.   Esoterik,  it will be forever before it makes it out if at all and probably be past the time it will really serve you. Just sayin.