Sign in to follow this  
Midtown Houston

2019 Dodge Charger

This car took us about 4 hours to tint.  We had to remove the rear deck on this 2019 which we never had to do on any Charger. The back glass gave us so much problems even after wet sanding it with 2000 grit.  It just didn’t wanna stick on the bottom. Even after removing the rear deck we still had a hard time due to the sub woofer sticking up so high.  There also alots of electronic that need to be cover up back there so be careful.

4B9AD217-8051-4124-9904-2A63DE2125CB.png

The bg is a pain. Just a bunch of peanuts and the bottom edge kept coming away in middle. This one is going on my do not tint list. The shrink takes forever too...Just not worth my f’ing time!

Wow WTF! I just did one and had to scrap the first backglass piece. It crunch up at the bottom. Turns out there’s a rubber lip at the very bottom center. A lip that’s glue to the glass. Peanuts left and right on this one. After further examination I don’t think you’ll need to take out the rear shelf. Get a good flashlight and your olfa and scrap it off while pushing down on the shelf. I’m going on on my second attempt. The 2019’s are getting bumped up in price for sure! 

Just did one today! What a Mother-f-er. Took me like 4/12 hours by myself to tint this monster but was ultimately happy with the results.. ( Global QDPC).I did charge accordingly, but wish I could have gotten more now that I know what it involved with doing these properly. Time and patience! Was any one noticing how contaminated the front doors (laminated) are with slag?

Did a 2019 Charger a few days ago and everything went smooth. I bottom load about 90% of the vehicles I tint but Chargers have never been one of them. 

The only thing I noticed that was different was the piece of rubber at the bottom of the back glass. For this reason I cut very close to the dot matrix. Scrubbed the defrost lines with 0000 steel wool and did not get one peanut which was great. Usually I’ll end up with 1 or 2 even after steel wool or wet sanding. 

Anywho I reversed rolled it and everything came out really nice. Took me about 2 hours from start to finish.  Also I used Global QDP 35%. 

29A0B401-C1A6-4095-8002-9A23BF0DB726.jpeg

I have done a few of them and I crack open the bay doors and turn the car on to then turn on rear defroster and work the film so that it lays down. Yes...these rear windows are a pain.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this