Taillight/headlight tint

Luxe is about as good as it gets...dry install which IMO leaves a cleaner installation, 5 mil thickness so thick enough to protect from rocks but not so thick it is hard to install, shrinks well when heat hits it, and a good amount of shades/designs available.  The only downside it is pricey, but as long as you price your installations right, there is plenty of profit.  The only complaint I have is they no longer carry a yellow/blue which we do a decent amount of for that JDM/Euro look.  They came out with a new version 2 that didn't include those as of yet.  I did order Vvivid this week which has similar specs as Luxe to check out their yellow/blue.  I will post back once we try it out cause it is a decent amount cheaper than Luxe.  You can buy directly from Luxe or from SolarFX since they now carry it.

The other 2 main brands used in the industry are Lamin-X and Oracal 8300.  Lamin-X is a super thick 12 mil window film which makes it difficult to install on complex lights.  I also never like the color of the film when the light is shining through it.  The 2 lighter shades had a purplish look and the 2 darker shades had a brownish look.  Oracal 8300 is the most widely used film in the industry because, surprise surprise, it is the cheapest.  It is also a much thinner film, I believe it is 2.5 mil, which means it is fairly easy to install.  However, IMO it just doesn't look amazing on a vehicle...doesn't have a high-end luxury look like Luxe.

Edited by DynamicATL

10 minutes ago, Debo5454 said:

Yeah just order a small sample roll of vivid ,heard its priced good and easy to work with , this is all new to me taillights and headlights im hoping to start marketing it after I try it in out on a few of my cars and see the turn out 

Vividd is a nice product for taillights. Done a number of them can’t say anything about putting  it on headlights I have only used Laminex for those as well as xpell