dual reflective outside appearance

HI, I'm going to tint my  house windows probably with tint from express films. Its not really for privacy but more for west facing heat rejection and I was thinking something like the delta DR35 but dont really like the mirrored look on the outside, do all of the dual reflective tints have the same mirrored look on the outside or are do the higher percentage films have a less mirrored look?

Generally speaking, the darker the film, the more reflective it will be. This is mostly due to the darker the film, the more heat is absorbed... which isn't good for regular glass. So to limit that, the films are reflective to bounce the heat off of it. 

That being said, not every 35% film will look the same. So it all comes down to the brand. 

I suspect the DR 35 has about 60% TSER, it will most definitely be a mirror on the outside when the sun is hitting it. Not knowing the particulars of your glass type and orientation, it's difficult to give proper advice. But if you are not crazy about the mirror look, and want to stay with Exoress, I would suggest looking at the Pearl Ceramic line. It's non reflective and offers pretty significant TSER for the money. 

38 minutes ago, TomTint said:

I suspect the DR 35 has about 60% TSER, it will most definitely be a mirror on the outside when the sun is hitting it. Not knowing the particulars of your glass type and orientation, it's difficult to give proper advice. But if you are not crazy about the mirror look, and want to stay with Exoress, I would suggest looking at the Pearl Ceramic line. It's non reflective and offers pretty significant TSER for the money. 

I've actually worked with these films exclusively and that information is incorrect. 

7 hours ago, markm said:

Thanks guys, the windows are single pane, I was looking at express films as the reviews seem good and I can get it here in Australia through the distributer. All the big brands seem to only be available for businesses only.

Single pane does show more reflectivity than dual pane will. You won't get the heat rejection like with residential but you could always use automotive film for that application is you're wanting that black look. Not much concern with single pane glass like with dual.

If you look at the specs on the Delta 35%, the exterior is 13% and the interior is 9%.  Let's compare that to other brands...Llumar, the exterior is 21% and the interior is 13%...3M, the exterior is 13% and the interior is 7%.  So it is much lower than Llumar and on par with 3M.  Since there are not many samples online of the Delta, you can search 3M Night Vision 35 which can give you an idea of the reflectivity...keep in mind the overall color/appearance will be different.