No blades on glass

I keep trying to get away from using cutting blades on glass. I stopped cutting the patterns on the car long ago and that part wasn't hard, i actually prefer not cutting the pattern on the car.

But using a blade to clean windows i get away from but come back, it just seems like nothing cleans as good and fast as a blade.

What have you all been using to get that just scraped clean that's like scraping with a blade or better?

1 hour ago, highplains said:

:yeah except I use the blue scotchbrite pads and a stainless blade for stickers

Months back Im almost postive I scratched the outside top edge of a tesla scrubbing. Ive always heard they could scratch, but wanted to try them out. Back using the white ones now. 

I razor, then scrub for cleaning. JH, I remember you mentioning using the gator for cleaning a while back and still need to try that out.  

It works fine for me, yeah I get the occasionally damn it was tinted before and I didn't see the glue. You buy one laminate side window though and that covers a lot of uh ohs. I honestly don't notice any difference between that and a razor blade. Of course some older vehicles need a razor but less than you think. Couple that with some ATR adhesive remover and I don't even use them on removals. Sorry didn't realize the video was sideways 🙄

8 minutes ago, jh812 said:

It works fine for me, yeah I get the occasionally damn it was tinted before and I didn't see the glue. You buy one laminate side window though and that covers a lot of uh ohs. I honestly don't notice any difference between that and a razor blade. Of course some older vehicles need a razor but less than you think. Couple that with some ATR adhesive remover and I don't even use them on removals. Sorry didn't realize the video was sideways 🙄

On new installs (not removals), I've wondered if it would help to use ATR to clean back glass that are prone to peanuts, it really seems to melt that adhesive easily, i'm noticing i don't get peanuts after a removal using ATR.

Do you dilute your ATR? I've been using it straight.

1 hour ago, pbalentine said:

Months back Im almost postive I scratched the outside top edge of a tesla scrubbing. Ive always heard they could scratch, but wanted to try them out. Back using the white ones now. 

I razor, then scrub for cleaning. JH, I remember you mentioning using the gator for cleaning a while back and still need to try that out.  

I've never had one scratch with the blue personally and I'm pretty heavy handed with them, the green definitely will. I've even used the blue on top of some llumar without it scratching the hard coat on it. I never felt like the white worked that well for me. I also keep some plastic razors on hand for the odd occasion that I need to razor a whole window and will jump to stainless as a last resort. 

I do mix the ATR about 50/50 now with just enough Dawn to make it sud also. @highplains I used the blue for a long time but man it got to a point to where no matter how many times I would squeegee the window I would get a blue spec in it. Switched to the dobie and no issues. As far as the atr on prep for peanuts I believe it may help but I don't think it's the solution. That plus other stuff equals good results imo.

Edited by jh812

0000 steel wool on defroster windows and blue scotch bright for all others.  Only scratched my own window on the outside 1 time.  Was dirty and I scrubbed it.  The dirt was what scratched the glass,  I'm quite certain. 

Sprayway for all my cleaning.