TintDude

The Chat Thread

In the past week, 4 people have told me they think I'm depressed. Two of which are just online friends who don't really know me.... other two are IRL friends/family. 

:chin

I do think that is a huge part of it.... but I also know there are other issues too. Some.. solvable... others... not so much. I mean... it's not like I'm sitting here with a gun under my chin.... but yeah... 

ETA: I just find it interesting how others see me. One of which is my mom... so when I asked her last night what she thought, first thing she asked was if I wanted to truth.  None of this comes as a surprise.... just a little bit of an eye opener that others see things which I thought I was kindof sorta trying not to show. 

/rant

Edited by Roach

23 minutes ago, Roach said:

I do think that is a huge part of it.... but I also know there are other issues too. Some.. solvable... others... not so much. I mean... it's not like I'm sitting here with a gun under my chin.... but yeah... 

ETA: I just find it interesting how others see me. One of which is my mom... so when I asked her last night what she thought, first thing she asked was if I wanted to truth.  None of this comes as a surprise.... just a little bit of an eye opener that others see things which I thought I was kindof sorta trying not to show. 

/rant

I don't think depressed is the correct term, Just in a rut. Outsider perspective and as a friend you need to make some changes for yourself. :Twocents

That's fair. I hate to use the word 'depression' - because.. .I know there are people that are truly depressed... I feel like by saying that I'm 'depressed' - I'm doing a huge disservice to those who are in situations so much worse then me.

I do think I'm in a rut.. of pretty much doing 'nothing'. 

I know this is super out of context... but one of my online friends was saying to me last nite - "Because you could be enjoying life, and be hit by a bus. Or you could be miserable, and be hit by a bus. Those are the two options life gives you, so why waste your time being miserable when you could just as easily be happy."

She's not wrong. 

Afternoon everybody, checking in from the gym. College is not good so far. Literally feel like I’m back in high school. Really isn’t a good fit for me in my opinion. Too hard to explain, need to convince parents that I have no intent of returning after this first year. My buddy that helped me with my little tint business during the summer feels the same. He and I are exactly the same, love classic rock and setting ourselves apart from the general crowd of lazy teens. This is what we were wrapping up before being forced into college. It’s a 100sq ft deer stand. Anyways, any advice or insight would be great haha. I miss the tint life! 

56CF77E2-8E53-40EB-A281-39A3FFB8F755.jpeg