The Off Topic Thread

6 hours ago, Bham said:

Well, I guess it's back to the drawing board.  Trainee quit today. Only lasted 2 weeks and one day total.  

Wow.. sorry to hear that. Why did he quit? 

When I first started tinting at a company I, oddly enough, could pretty much tell if someone would last as a tinter. But that was strictly flatglass... Auto tinting much harder... 

While it's a learnable skill, not everyone is set out to be a tinter. 

@Roach Yeah, I had a feeling from the beginning that he wasn't " truly " interested in tinting. More interested in the money at the end once you know how to tint.  

He said he wasn't as interested as he thought he was, but I think he just couldn't be patient enough to learn the beginning to be able to benefit from the end.  

He wanted to be able to cut hair without knowing how to wash it first (as I told my stylist today) :heh

edited to say = he could NOT keep his phone out of his hands either, so there is that. 

Edited by Bham
27 minutes ago, Bham said:

He wanted to be able to cut hair without knowing how to wash it first (as I told my stylist today)

Yeah well that's cause people who don't know think tinting is easy. And it really isn't. Even FG. Not nearly as hard as auto.. but there is def. a knack to it that needs to be learned. 

I'm sure this doesn't help - but at least it was only a couple of weeks. 

That being said, the right person is out there..... just a matter of finding them. :thumb

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.