pattern issues

InnerBanksTinting

Hi guys. Im still having issues with my patterns not lining up quite correctly. I have spoken with FVD and they say its probably a resolution issue with the plotter. They went in and changed the X and Y axis numbers. What my question to you guys is what are your X and Y axis set at? I believe mine was on 40 and 40 and they changed it to 45 and 45. I have seen videos of folks using FVD and there patterns are coming out dead nuts. But mine just is not lining up with the top of the window to give me that micro edge. Ive actually started going in and selecting the long cut and then hand trimming the top to make up for it. But being I spent all this money on this system I would really like for it to come out right the first time.  I was having a problem on the ford windows. But since the adjustment now the fords are coming out great but the Chevrolets are off. Any help guys? Is this a resolution issue? Its a Graphtec 40" plotter. Thanks in advance

I used FVD when I first got a plotter. The patterns were very hit and miss. I have used DAP for the past year. I can say the patterns are way better. What I chalk it up to is how the patterns are being sourced. FVD patters are submitted from all different shop around the country. So consistency is an issue. DAP patterns are all made in house and tested before they are added to the system. This is for newer patterns for the past few years. Old DAP patterns are not always as good because they had to get back log from existing patterns that were not made by them. But, if you are looking for that perfect micro edge every time from a plotted pattern, it's just not going to happen. DAP is as close as you are going to get with out hand cutting though.