Clean Room Questions For New Shop Build

Im new here and only a 1.5 year old PPF installer. Located in Greenville SC and I am currently building a new facility to expand my business into. I am designating a 15 X 25 ft room that will be sealed off from the remainder parts of the shop. I would really appreciate if someone could direct me into what Air Purifier/Dust Particle machine would be good for my room. 

Im finding so many things on air quality I am beginning to be overwhelmed and all I want to do it capture dust particles. 

On a side note I am also considering creating a overhead misting system to mist the room down and then rinse the room after the vehicle is pulled in. I have already purchased a Santa Fe Advanced 90 commercial Dehumidifier. 

Please help the newb that wants to eventually be a great installer. 

Overkill can be costly.

Case in point: Years ago BMW was installing safety film as an option on their car glass at the factory. They wanted better percentage of material use; they were only getting 20% use of each roll of film. They built a clean room as a solution and found the percentage went lower so, they went back to the original installation practice and found usage went back up. Conclusion: Installers adapt to the surroundings and the surfaces they are working with.

If you truly want to move forward with this plan, a good particle filter at the intake and the vent outlet should suffice. Just remember this will run up operational costs due to the drag placed on air flow through a standard HVAC system.

I do know that the misting idea works very well because, 1) all film installers love the rain to keep the air particles down and the cars rinsed and, 2) I visited a shop in Plano TX that had a misting system for window tinting and it worked extremely well considering they did body modifications for stereo installs and sound proofing at that location. It was more along the lines of what you'd find at a grocery stores fresh produce section. They had rigged it to mist the perimeter of the work area.

Sorry, I am no help in any recommendations as to air filter systems.😁

Edited by Tintguy1980

4 minutes ago, smartie2shoes said:

Overkill can be costly.

Case in point: Years ago BMW was installing safety film as an option on their car glass at the factory. They wanted better percentage of material use; they were only getting 20% use of each roll of film. They built a clean room as a solution and found the percentage went lower so, they went back to the original installation practice and found usage went back up. Conclusion: Installers adapt to the surroundings and the surfaces they are working with.

If you truly want to move forward with this plan, a good particle filter at the intake and the vent outlet should suffice. Just remember this will run up operational costs due to the drag placed on air flow through a standard HVAC system.

I do know that the misting idea works very well because, 1) all film installers love the rain to keep the air particles down and the cars rinsed and, 2) I visited a shop in Plano TX that had a misting system for window tinting and it worked extremely well. It was more along the lines of what you'd find at a grocery stores fresh produce section. They had rigged it to mist the perimeter of the work area.

Sorry, I am no help in any recommendations as to air filter.

EXACTLY!!!!  Don't overthink it.  The reality is that most of the debris comes from within the crevices of the car as opposed to being airborn.  You could install in a paint booth and still fight debris.  It has more to do with proper prep and cleaning than anything else.