Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Lots of schools are requesting security film. The bondkap company out of Florida has their attachment system along with those backer rods? What are those for? Should I be pulling the big rubber gaskets of the aluminum framing if I get these school windows? I was hoping it would be applying the Film and applying the 995 sealant to the film and frame. Not pulling gaskets. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yeah, to meet certain GSA specs or qualifications the rubber gasket should be removed and backer rod stuffed in the void to hold the glass and back up the wet glaze.


Pulling rubbers really isn’t rocket science or labor consuming. Just a hook tool and a few seconds per window. I remove and reinstall them on pretty much every commercial job.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Create New...