side windows put on no shrink

23 hours ago, Mr paladin said:

Other than a handful of Trucks and Suv's I shrink everything I would rather deal with fingers on the outside than the inside.

Basically just a "snap shrink" on the bottoms? I keep saying I need to learn how to do that on my peel board so I can at least do that to keep the bottoms from popping up.

I bottom load everything that I can so I usually only shrink when absolutely necessary.

On 3/7/2019 at 12:33 PM, Mr paladin said:

Other than a handful of Trucks and Suv's I shrink everything I would rather deal with fingers on the outside than the inside.

Only takes me 15 seconds to a minute.  Not many fingers, i squeegee to form the fingers and shrink.  If there is a lot to shrink, I dont squeegee the bottom 6 inches.  I hit the fingers and point the heat slightly left and right as I heat from top to bottom.  Never seen any use for snapping, since this works just fine.  

19 minutes ago, Tint Slayer said:

what is it about 2 staging that makes it more likely to produce fingers?

A couple things that come to mind are not having the lower portion stretched as tight as the top and the lower seal holding moisture against the bottom edge of the film not allowing it to fully tack.

How you squeegee on first pass cant create fingers at the bottom. Squeegeeing along the entire top edge in one pass can create fingers in bottom.  For these I first make a horizontal pass a bit lower not following the top edge, then squeegee the rest of the top edge after.  This stretches the top straight out to the sides, reducing fingers at the bottom edge, especially if you sqeegee the bottom similar. I learned this years and years on the tintdude forum.  Its basically how you sqeegee for FG. 

1 hour ago, Tint Slayer said:

what is it about 2 staging that makes it more likely to produce fingers?

Tension in the film and like highplains said moisture on that bottom seal. If you've got one that's border line and you put the seal back in wet guaranteed to pop a finger 

Im sticking to shrinking on outside guys. I just find it risky shrinking on inside of most cars i do. I dont mind if its older or a lower value car.i feel its safer to put the heat on exterior then near a door card.👍