Maybe this PPF stuff will catch on !!!

Dealers would rather pay the bumper painter 200.00 to shoot a scratch than have a detailer pull PPF. ..Point is that there is little to no residual value to PPF at trade. In fact..like I said previously, people are more often being dinged at trade time with it on. And yes, tint as well.. Many dealers remove it in their recon shops due to state law restrictions..and the owner gets dinged for that as well. 

14 hours ago, TomTint said:

Dealers would rather pay the bumper painter 200.00 to shoot a scratch than have a detailer pull PPF. ..Point is that there is little to no residual value to PPF at trade. In fact..like I said previously, people are more often being dinged at trade time with it on. And yes, tint as well.. Many dealers remove it in their recon shops due to state law restrictions..and the owner gets dinged for that as well. 

To counter your argument, the Porsche dealers in the UK (or certainly the one near me) see PPF as a bonus on a car that’s traded in and it’s on their forms to tick when inspecting. 

23 hours ago, TomTint said:

I know folks doing ppf on hundreds of dealer cars per month in the new England area, so they must be dealing with different dealerships.  I respect your opinion and we'll have to agree to disagree. 

Edited by XPEL Jeff

34 minutes ago, XPEL Jeff said:

I know folks doing ppf on hundreds of dealer cars per month in the new England area, so they must be dealing with different dealerships.  I respect your opinion and we'll have to agree to disagree. 

I know the outfit you are referring  to well. Spoken to the owners numerous times about business in general.