Llumar curling

9 hours ago, Gary_tintington said:

Well said. I've talked to a couple of our glass companies and the cost of the new glass standard is the only thing slowing widespread use. Both 3m and Llumar have seemed to double down on security film as well.  I would agree with the ten year mark too. As far as automotive, 3m is making moves to come through with a non reflective looking ceramic finally but I haven't  heard of llumar doing anything. 

ANY kind of customer awareness campaign or advertising would seem like a no brainer for either company. Seriously what's the logic? 

Well said. I've talked to a couple of our glass companies and the cost of the new glass standard is the only thing slowing widespread use. Both 3m and Llumar have seemed to double down on security film as well.  I would agree with the ten year mark too. As far as automotive, 3m is making moves to come through with a non reflective looking ceramic finally but I haven't  heard of llumar doing anything. 

Manufacturers are getting more and more concerned with DOT laws and state laws that do not allow Window Film on cars. NY state for one has outlawed it ..more are to follow. Of course there will always be people who still do it, but it certainly cuts into the overall numbers who do. 

I've got a couple rolls of ATC right now that seem to have more curl than normal to them.

I plotter cut so I notice it after I cut film off and the plotter does it little reset routine.

Working through it as I just considered it isolated incident. 🤷‍♂️