Wiping squeegee after each stroke

Sure...I understand. There are different approaches to this..One of my installers will squeegee and leave streaks...not a big deal to him. Me personally I squeegee with enough force to completely remove all traces of liquid on the window leaving it dry. I start at the top and work down towards the bottom and depending on the window I usually try to cover as best I can and then finish the sides once I have completed everything easily accessible though again it depends on the specific vehicle and particular window. 

When going through my cleaning pass after scrape and scrub I will rinse the squeegee off with my slip each pass, the flush seals.  On install I will wipe off my blue max then mist the window and push out the water, no need to rinse on install IMO.  Push to the outside and yellow contour it out, followed by a hard card followed by a yellow contour and on to the next door.

Edited by southcentraltinting

22 hours ago, Tint Eastwood said:

I do the modified hybrid wipe. :lol6 

Paper towel and finger wipe in one pass, less lint & debris on the squeeg. :thumb 

09882CEA-A27B-4BF8-BEC3-1D8A498D6487.jpeg

I used to love the paper towel wipe..problem is the quality of paper towels these days......you can´t trust the amount of lint they put off or in my case anyway. 

42 minutes ago, Sunbreakers said:

I used to love the paper towel wipe..problem is the quality of paper towels these days......you can´t trust the amount of lint they put off or in my case anyway. 

The blue prep towels from Currie's Paint Supply are awesome.  They don't tear with a pointed hard card and are reusable for a long time.  

Also the the Bulldog Box towels from Dragon are along the exact same lines.  :thumb