I’m new to tinting (1 month only) HELP!

Hey guys! I just found this page and I found it so damn useful! I respect each and everything I see and read here from

veterans and newbies. Really shows the passion for this trade and I’d eventually want to run it as a business. I live in winnipeg Manitoba, it gets serverly cold in the winter months so I have some questions. Should I tint in winter? Currently renting a shop. How long should I take to tint a typical side window? Why are back windows so difficult and what process and can I try to follow to really perfect them each time? I’ve done 5 cars. Side windows went well as I learn to shrink and cut the pattern closer to the window gap size. What cars to avoid. What type and temp water should I use ? What squeegee are a must? Top edge cutting technique ? Exact solution mix for a 30/32 oz bottle. How long my tint will take to adhere fully (using Solar Gard) are there anyways to fix creases? If a tint job comes back can I try to repair it? If so how? And most of all.... what should I charge ? How ? I’m sorry if any of this sounds like a dumb ramble. I’m passionate about this business and I’ve already got a client base due to a history leading the car audio scene. Any help really is valued. 

Hi, most window tinters get started taking a class ! Solargard offers classes to teach all those things at a hands on level ! That typing doesn’t teach ! You really need to sign up for a class ! That’s the best way ! I also use Solargard window film ! I like it ! I use the supreme series ! Anyway there’s a huge amount to learn , and some only experience can teach !

Just hire an experienced window tinter. Sit back and watch him. Collect money and learn at the same time. If you already have a client base that is. Otherwise it’s all repetition and learning the proper way that’s best for you. There are many ways to tint a car professionally. Good luck. 

Stant Foster is one of  the veteran tinter that travels the word training people I don't know if he still does , but he had a training course available to buy on his web site. I myself learned the hard way watching you tube practicing an wasting roll after roll express window films can offer a  wide range of window film from very cheap to practice to top quality film also if you call them they are very  friendly an helpful. for the temperature of installation when it is too cold the film takes a lot longer to dry and it can peel off the window that is why on that kind of cold climate some tinters use heat lamps on the outside of the car to help it set a little bit .you may want to watch this  vid. that shows the heat lamp.