Patterns.3M
spacer
Patterns.3M

spacer
Sign in to follow this  
3M Tech Guy

3M Scotchgard Pro Series Matte PPF

I'd be more interested in how to remove the adhesive off a matte finish car without destroying it.  Do you offer an adhesive remover that is safe for that type of application?  

Speed - if you’re talking about removing adhesive from matte paint, I do not have an answer for you, but can check with our Aftermarket body shop guys.

Speed - I received responses from two of our body shop experts. One was concerned about any adhesive remover changing the matte level (increasing gloss), which I agree with. The other suggested contacting the dealership or paint company for recommendations. Sorry we don't have a direct solution.

That has been my concern and have turned many jobs down for that very reason.   Glad I'm not facing any matte removals in the future

Guest Marty2441

We've removed film successfully off of matte paint delicately with a steamer/heat gun. Also was able to use rapid remover sparingly with a wet sponge to agitate any leftover glue . But it forsure is a risk. 

all good info guys. We to have not wrapped matte painted cars for the same reasons.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this