Autobahn i3 ceramic? was told just released in March this year.

Guest VegasDriver

Guest VegasDriver

Hi guys -

Have stumbled onto this website many times when looking up info on tint - so much knowledge here!

Looking to get my 2018 4Runner tinted.   Because of the brutal Vegas sun and heat, would like a quality ceramic film that rejects a lot of heat (high TSER).

Narrowed it down to a couple of local shops with excellent recommendations, one recommended Llumar CTX all the way around (probably use 25 on the front windows and a shade lighter over the rear windows and rear hatch privacy glass to get somewhat of a match), and Air80 on the windshield.   Total cost will be about $550.

Was thinking of going for the gusto and doing Huber Optik, and when I inquired about it got a detailed reply (the shop owner seems to really be on the ball and know his stuff)

First off, I think Hüper Optik is the nicest film there is. However, I do not love it for your 4Runner. The reason is because it will not look very good, as it has a slight reflective silver sheen which will not blend at all with your privacy glass. essentially your 4Runner would look silver on the fronts, smoke on the back. The 4Runner glass up front is also incredibly green - which worsens this effect for some reason.

He recommended a new product, Autobahn i3 all the way around, with Madico BP Nano-Ceramic 75 on the windshield.  The specs on the Autobahn i3 look awesome, TSER is right up there with Huber Optik.  The cost is more, looking at $745 total cost.

Anybody here have any experience with the new Autobahn i3 film?  or thoughts on its quality relative to Huber Optik, and the Llumar CTX?  Worth a gamble?

There is a guy on the 4Runner forums that had it done at the same shop, and he seems happy.  His truck photos look good too.

Thanks and appreciate any input!

I had my car, 2019 Toyota Camry, done yesterday with AugoBahn i3 film all around except the windshield. The windshield was done with Huper Optic 70. The HO and AutoBahn, IMO, are the best films on the market and I did weeks of research before deciding. The films look excellent and you can tell a difference in the heat inside the car. I can't say anything about the films or the job yet as it was just yesterday. The shop I had mine done at has all 5 stars reviews on Google & Yelp and he was a pleasure to work with.

I'll post more as time passes about how the films hold up.

Just now, Guest Terry E said:

I had my car, 2019 Toyota Camry, done yesterday with AugoBahn i3 film all around except the windshield. The windshield was done with Huper Optic 70. The HO and AutoBahn, IMO, are the best films on the market and I did weeks of research before deciding. The films look excellent and you can tell a difference in the heat inside the car. I can't say anything about the films or the job yet as it was just yesterday. The shop I had mine done at has all 5 stars reviews on Google & Yelp and he was a pleasure to work with.

Can't spell today. "AutoBahn" not AugoBahn. Also, since we are discussing car colors/styles with these films, my Camry color is Celestial Silver Metallic. Toyota's site does not do the color justice. On there "Build" a car site the color looks gray, in reality is more of blue-ish silver.

On 9/26/2019 at 5:41 AM, Guest Terry E said:

Hey Terry, so how is the AutoBahn i3 performing for you? I'm looking to tint my car with the same film.

Thanks