PPF Thickness vs. Performance

@STEK HOWARD - I was able to compress PPF (3M, STEK, Xpel and Suntek) about 0.1 mils when using excessive force with my thumb. I got about 0.2 mils of extra compression when using two hands.  With mild thumb pressure, the readings did not change.

@TomTint - I'm not familiar with the miter e scale test but congratulations on the excellent results! Good competition benefits the end users. I would much prefer to have a conversation with facts and data rather than innuendo, hearsay and rumors.

@Jake - Excellent point! It's a balance between ease of installation and performance/durability.

2 hours ago, 3M Tech Guy said:

@STEK HOWARD - I was able to compress PPF (3M, STEK, Xpel and Suntek) about 0.1 mils when using excessive force with my thumb. I got about 0.2 mils of extra compression when using two hands.  With mild thumb pressure, the readings did not change.

thanks for the follow up, i had brought in my own calipers to play around with today but found they somehow had locked closed?? 

i think the test could be done with more visibility into the method but i also understand the lab is off limits to cameras, that does make it very hard to show results. finally very curiuos where you received a sample of that WS shield from? we have never sold that particular film here in the states.

Thank you 

Howard 

Edited by STEK HOWARD