2016 Dodge Charger Rear Window mess

I wanted to get some input on the rear window of my Dodge Charger which i just had tinted 8 days ago.  I am bringing it back this Saturday but i know this guy is going to argue with me, because when i picked the car up, he was messing around with the back window for another hour complaining about how thick the defrosters were.  With how many chargers i see on the road i am sure most on here have done a few before.  

Im not sure if it could still be water after a week, if i push it down with my finger it goes away but comes back shortly after which makes me think its air,  is it even possible to fix this or does it have to be done again?  Thank you 

IMG_1140.jpg

IMG_1139.jpg

I have done quite a few chargers and the prep on the back glass seems to be key to getting film to lay nice on those defrosters. With that being said there isn’t much you can do for how your window is other than redo it, but that is no guarantee it will look better, plus the chance of damaging the defroster is likely and it looks like you have a nice job done on yours.

Some just have thicker lines. I can tell right away by feeling with a finger nail. When they’re really thick, hitting with steel wool just wont do it for me. Last week I did a 16 300 and used 000 steel, followed by lightly sanded the sides (about 5 inches) with 2000 grit. None. 

BTW that Charger BG looks good.  

yep-no problem there at all

some people expect it to look like factory tinted glass-got to remember it is aftermarket and you can't expect perfection-just a really good job(which that is)

That looks standard or above standard for that car. I assume you paid the standard amount for that so you indeed got your moneys worth. If you want him to spend hours screwing around with your car until YOU deem it OK then you should pay him what ever he ask per hour to screw around with your car. For instance, a body shop charges more for show quality paint jobs than they do for everyday paint jobs.  

On 5/26/2019 at 8:42 AM, Pete said:

I wanted to get some input on the rear window of my Dodge Charger which i just had tinted 8 days ago.  I am bringing it back this Saturday but i know this guy is going to argue with me, because when i picked the car up, he was messing around with the back window for another hour complaining about how thick the defrosters were.  With how many chargers i see on the road i am sure most on here have done a few before.  

Im not sure if it could still be water after a week, if i push it down with my finger it goes away but comes back shortly after which makes me think its air,  is it even possible to fix this or does it have to be done again?  Thank you 

IMG_1140.jpg

IMG_1139.jpg

That’s as good as it gets. If you ask him to redo that you’ll end up with worst. Any time you remove tint from the backglass there’s risk of defroster damage. With that being said there will also be a layer of adhesive on the lines making them even thicker with worst results then the first time. Looks like your Tinter did it right with the prep. If he didn’t prep it good the air lines above and below the defroster would be thicker.