New Llumar IRX

On 8/23/2019 at 12:41 PM, Sunbreakers said:

@Bham sorry I haven’t gotten back to you. I will take a picture of one of my sample boards and let you see some numbers if one of these folks don’t beat me to it. This film feels very “Global like” which the rep did not appreciate very much. It is thicker as @no ma'am said, stickier and better scratch coat. I have long been critical of CTX and even though the engineers at Llumar assured me when I visited that all films have same adhesive it did not feel the same. This film corrects that. I think we were the first to get it in Alabama. Picked it up in June prior to showing up in the catalogs and it has been wonderful for us. Just wish they had a 25 or 20% 

Just released stratos 25 an pinnacle 25 same time, I'd assume it'll be available within a year 

8 minutes ago, ErieTint said:

Hey @Sunbreakers is that the new board offered through the dealer portal or is that something you had made for you?

Side note; doing my first install with it tomorrow. Regular cab F150 getting IRX 35 on doors and rear window, AIR 90 on the windshield.

Hi @ErieTint, we were sent two of these for being an early adopter and making a substantial investment in the new line. They came from Robertson Marketing so I would assume they are now available through the dealer portal. I am curious to know your thoughts post install. Please let me/us know. 

10 minutes ago, no ma'am said:

Just released stratos 25 an pinnacle 25 same time, I'd assume it'll be available within a year 

Thanks, @no ma'am for that update. Makes no sense how you release everything EXCEPT that shade. That is one of if not THE most popular shade. It is shenanigans like this that made me also pick up the Global line after 33 years as a dedicated Llumar only dealer. I can understand the formula one folks are a priority but at the price point of this film those of us with the line should get a little respect as well. Makes no sense to down sell a customer for that shade. I was told by the rep they were going to "gauge demand for a 25." My response was....."I hope it won't be where you 'gauged demand' for the CTX 25. Took you way too long and now you are late to the game."

Edited by Sunbreakers

@Gary_tintingtonIt pretty much meters out to be the same shade as the ATR 20% so although not technically a 20% Llumar feels it is close enough. The ATR came out of the box at 29% and would read 25-27 on a meter depending on vehicle and roll which is "almost legal."  Now Llumar actually uses the correct percentage. Here in the our part of the deep south most folks want just a little darker than legal on cars so it is popular. With meter readings within 2-3% of our statute that gets good enough for a lot of the public and some law enforcement let it slide...not all. Also we use a lot on rear of SUV's. It doesn't have that black tone of the 15% and I think that is one reason it is so popular. 

Edited by Sunbreakers

18 hours ago, Sunbreakers said:

Hi @ErieTint, we were sent two of these for being an early adopter and making a substantial investment in the new line. They came from Robertson Marketing so I would assume they are now available through the dealer portal. I am curious to know your thoughts post install. Please let me/us know. 

Install on the IRX went smooth this morning. Didn't even think about it before I started running patterns, I didn't make any setting changes on the plotter. Half way through I thought abut it and got afraid with it being a thicker film that it may cause some issues and not cut through far enough. None to be had so that was a plus. Film went on smooth and with little to no issues. I do mostly ATC and treated it as such, felt pretty much the same to me.

Now the AIR90 on the windshield, well that is a different story. If only I could get better at those damn things and start knocking more of them out. Suppose those two factors kind of tie together, huh?

4 hours ago, ErieTint said:

Install on the IRX went smooth this morning. Didn't even think about it before I started running patterns, I didn't make any setting changes on the plotter. Half way through I thought abut it and got afraid with it being a thicker film that it may cause some issues and not cut through far enough. None to be had so that was a plus. Film went on smooth and with little to no issues. I do mostly ATC and treated it as such, felt pretty much the same to me.

Now the AIR90 on the windshield, well that is a different story. If only I could get better at those damn things and start knocking more of them out. Suppose those two factors kind of tie together, huh?

@ErieTint glad to hear it went well. We have one universal setting for pressure on our plotter for all of Llumar...atc, atr, ctx, irx and it doesn't matter it all cuts the same. Global we have settings for QDP, different one for QDPC. It is a lot more finicky.

That's interesting you felt it was almost the same as ATC. We felt there was a clear and evident difference between IRX and CTX. Haven't really thought about a comparison lower down the line. Don't sweat the windshields. They are like being married. Regardless of how long you have been at it there are days where everything goes great with little or no effort and then there are days when you cannot seem to do anything right and the harder you try....the worse it gets. Just take it in stride. 

Wassup hoes!!

Llumar IRX feels and installs the same as CTX, just more IR rejection...up to 88% versus CTX being 69%.  IRX performs on the same level as FormulaOne Pinnacle...each spec is basically 1% higher or lower.  Eastman has setup IR films for all their major brands with the performance increasing as the brands get more prestigious.  Suntek has CIR, Llumar has IRX, Huper/Autobahn has i3, and FormulaOne has Stratos.  We have been moving IRX like crazy, even though we didn't have anything to show the customers.  We just added the shades to the wallboard and updated the heat lamp to include IRX today.

Image may contain: car and outdoor

Edited by DynamicATL