Contamination issue

Lots of contamination spread out be could dust coming from the interior if not the water. I tried the orange, clear, and pink on rollups. Clear was descent but im back using the unger.

Edited by pbalentine

1 hour ago, pbalentine said:

Lots of contamination spread out be could dust coming from the interior if not the water. I tried the orange, clear, and pink on rollups. Clear was descent but im back using the unger.

I've never had luck with any Fusion squeegees, i wasted too much money trying them out and none of their squeegees were good for me, i don't get what's so great about them.

I've had good luck with the Green turbo for cleaning, and it's not the Fusion version of the green turbo.

If i'm not using the Green turbo i'll use the black Unger like you said. 

13 minutes ago, Tint Slayer said:

I've never had luck with any Fusion squeegees, i wasted too much money trying them out and none of their squeegees were good for me, i don't get what's so great about them.

I've had good luck with the Green turbo for cleaning, and it's not the Fusion version of the green turbo.

Is this just the 6” Unger? What about on windshields, green turbo?

Unless it's brand new off the lot the first thing I do on any vehicle, but trucks especially, is to dampen a microfiber towel with some rubbing alcohol/water solution (20%alc) or slip solution, roll the windows down and wipe the seals out. That makes a huge difference with cutting out contamination. 

18 minutes ago, TNTLady said:

Are you making sure that water drops are not dripping from the door frame onto the glue side of your film thus causing contamination? I always wipe any drips overhanging so as to decrease chances of dirt in the film. 

Yes I’ve been Tinting for a while now almost 4 years and have only been having these problems on the dirtier cars in the summer (jeeps, trucks). I’ve now come to the conclusion that the clear crush is way too soft and just running right over trash. Going to order Unger 6” black channel and green turbo and give those a shot as it seems to be what the majority love.

11 hours ago, Tint Slayer said:

I use a 5” & 6” unger. I tried the crush for months and noticed slightly cleaner installs with the unger. I found this one the best to use since it take no of effort to use and you can change the blade out in seconds to a  new blade. 

I only use clear crush to drag on hatch bgs and I push with orange on other bgs. If you put to much pressure with the clear too much of the blade will make contact, which kind of smears instead of squeegeeing. Fusions handle can stiffen it up some. 

12 hours ago, Tint Slayer said:

Brand new fusion wil irritate me a bit cleaning a door, after a couple days though they work well. I'm a 5 in yellow turbo guy for clean and first pass on doors. It's too tacky new to swipe my sides down so I use a blue tri edge x or my cut down orange/yellow lidco. :twocents what's your beef with em :dunno