AudioMotive in Ottawa Scratched my paint when tinting! Rude owner.

25 minutes ago, Tint Eastwood said:

This is exactly why I got out of auto. :whew 

What's that supposed to mean?  So this place doesn't deserve a negative review?  I'm 100% truthful and they cut up my car in service.

I deal with customers as well, but when I screw something up I pay up or make it right.  I've never acted like an absolute douche like this guy has (to a customer that is).

Edited by bastige

I’m sorry that we can’t come to an understanding. The vehicle was in our shop for 1:30 to tint and of that time about 45-50 minutes with ignition on as the windows need to be moved up and down. We do have two bays yes one for stereo and starter installs which has the door open all day and one just for tint and clear shield which we can close and leave till the job is done. Again I’m sorry you feel this way. 

No knife hitting the paint for any reason here, I'd like to see a better pic of the damage as it doesn't even look bad from what I think I'm seeing :? Were child seats involved :? Did you move your girlfriend/boyfriend recently :? Nobody has the time or wants to look like it's a repeat problem and take the time to document every tiny thing they find with pictures, unless they've overbooked you to check in Cameron's dads Ferrari. :twocents  I've been accused of some stupid :poop in my day so I'm on the defensive here for ma fellow tinter. 

21 minutes ago, Audiomotive said:

I’m sorry that we can’t come to an understanding. The vehicle was in our shop for 1:30 to tint and of that time about 45-50 minutes with ignition on as the windows need to be moved up and down. We do have two bays yes one for stereo and starter installs which has the door open all day and one just for tint and clear shield which we can close and leave till the job is done. Again I’m sorry you feel this way. 

Okay - Hopefully it's a lesson learned.  Try and actually improve your service, write your tints on the invoice, (and certainly don't swap for wrong tints if you do), and maybe train your employees (tinters) better and check if they aren't screwing up.  Be it dirt, or scratches or whatever.  A lot of stuff went wrong here.  Also it's unusual for customers to make up stories that you scratched/damaged their vehicle especially if they have photos or videos.     Additionally if your website states you are factory backed don't then tell customers the warranty is through you.  Remove that crap from your website, your warranty  would be factory backed if you gave people warranty cards and they had a warranty from the manufacturer as well...

just my 20c

Edited by bastige

3 minutes ago, no ma'am said:

No knife hitting the paint for any reason here, I'd like to see a better pic of the damage as it doesn't even look bad from what I think I'm seeing :? Were child seats involved :? Did you move your girlfriend/boyfriend recently :? Nobody has the time or wants to look like it's a repeat problem and take the time to document every tiny thing they find with pictures, unless they've overbooked you to check in Cameron's dads Ferrari. :twocents  I've been accused of some stupid :poop in my day so I'm on the defensive here for ma fellow tinter. 

Okay, I think with all due respect I have spent MORe than enough time on this.  I have provided my evidence.  It's there and I would wager would stand up in court (I have other evidence as well).  This is a forum composed of businesses that do tinting,  I can see that this is going to be biased.  Any comments from customers here?  😉

4 minutes ago, bastige said:

Okay - Hopefully it's a lesson learned.  Try and actually improve your service, write your tints on the invoice, (and certainly don't swap for wrong tints if you do), and maybe train your employees (tinters) better and check if they aren't screwing up.  Be it dirt, or scratches or whatever.  A lot of stuff went wrong here.  Also it's unusual for customers to make up stories that you scratched/damaged their vehicle especially if they have photos or videos.     Additionally if your website states you are factory backed don't then tell customers the warranty is through you.  Remove that crap from your website, your warranty  would be factory backed if you gave people warranty cards and they had a warranty from the manufacturer as well...

just my 20c

Thank you for taking the time to respond. I understand it is a lot more time than you would have liked to spend on this. I will take your advise and try to improve my customer service. I do feel The situation went bad. I felt I was being personally attacked.  I was on the defensive. I was not the person that worked on the vehicle it was my employee that has 12 years experience tinting. I have been doing this for 27 years and have seen/heard of people being blamed for everything under the sun. 

As for the factory backed warranty the manufacturer will cover the material alone which doesn’t really help the end user.   We cover material and labour.

I will look into having it removed from our website as it really isn’t a selling feature. And again I apologize for my actions. It should have been handled better.