AudioMotive in Ottawa Scratched my paint when tinting! Rude owner.

3 hours ago, bastige said:

the matter is now resolved and I am not posting a business name.  So I am going to save time and not do it.

That's why there are only good reviews. Hopefully the next person they screw takes a few minutes to post what happened... or the one after that, or after that. 

On 7/5/2019 at 4:09 PM, bastige said:

Oh well, so much for great google reviews.

Sorry.. I'm in a mood this morning.. But you can not complain about positive reviews when you had a crappy experience and refuse to leave a bad review. 

Although the installer was a dick, he refunded the total cost which was more than the repair and none of us know how many scratches were on what year car that we never saw, who knows if this customer was wrong or right without pics? 

I think the customer handled it right. The business owner, although unnecessarily nasty, obviously doesn't think he did it but still satisfied the customers wishes and took a loss to do it.

I think it's worthy of no review, good or bad. My 2 cents on it

4 hours ago, Tint Slayer said:

I think it's worthy of no review, good or bad. My 2 cents on it

If the tiner/owner just said - ok.. we'll take care of it - I would agree. But because they didn't and denied any possibility of wrong doing... 

I had a homeowner's window break after I tinted it. I know it wasn't the tint - it was a lighter shade, ie less absorbtion, but I replaced the window for them. I didn't argue... I just did what I need to do to make them happy. 

This tinter acted in a way that, imo, wasn't very professional. He deserves to be put on blast. 

It's whatever... but this is why shops that do crappy work continue. Throw money, or a refund, at the problem and it goes away. Well.. that's all well and good - but the customer that accepts that is just as much to blame when future customers also have problems with the tint jobs they receive. 

Just tired of people posting about tint jobs that they spend good money on are garbage but do nothing to prevent it from happening again to other innocent customers who likewise read nothing but positive reviews... cause no one wants to post anything negative. 

12 minutes ago, Roach said:

If the tiner/owner just said - ok.. we'll take care of it - I would agree. But because they didn't and denied any possibility of wrong doing... 

I had a homeowner's window break after I tinted it. I know it wasn't the tint - it was a lighter shade, ie less absorbtion, but I replaced the window for them. I didn't argue... I just did what I need to do to make them happy. 

This tinter acted in a way that, imo, wasn't very professional. He deserves to be put on blast. 

It's whatever... but this is why shops that do crappy work continue. Throw money, or a refund, at the problem and it goes away. Well.. that's all well and good - but the customer that accepts that is just as much to blame when future customers also have problems with the tint jobs they receive. 

Just tired of people posting about tint jobs that they spend good money on are garbage but do nothing to prevent it from happening again to other innocent customers who likewise read nothing but positive reviews... cause no one wants to post anything negative. 

Agree completely I've got a competitior that will do anything possible to get Google reviews and I can't tell you how many people I've had in my shop complaining about him. Even stuff similar to what this guy has experienced and way worse. I very rarely leave any negative reviews because of the impact it could have on my business however. In the end the op is I guess happy so doesn't really matter. 

1 hour ago, Diablo's Tint said:

Ok, I'll play devils advocate, Everyone is assuming the shop did and said what was said based on one side of the story. No pics, no real info. Just empty threats and pictures that nobody can see. What harm could possible happen by posting the pictures? 

1 hour ago, Roach said:

You are absolutely correct.  We are just hearing one side of the story.  

that was my point, we don't know what the rest of his car looked like, and in the end the customer got what he wanted.

While there may be nasty business people, there are customers who will try turn a spec into a free tint.

Yep.. absolutely correct. I'm just a bit tired of people coming here complaining about poor service yet not doing anything to warn others. Which true.. like you said... we usually only hear one side. I guess I should be a bit more opened minded before jumping to concussions. :)