Ceramic tint, waste of time?

Guest Jsport1495

Guest Jsport1495

I don't know a lot about tint but I want something of above average quality that will both keep heat out well and be decently dark.  I thought I wanted a nice ceramic tint but my local shop is telling me that they don't even carry a ceramic tint because it is "a waste or both time and money".  Was hoping to get some advice from you guys. Thanks in advance!

Guest Jsport1495

thanks guys, this is what I thought too. Sadly I really wanted to use them, small shop and local but I guess ill be taking my business elsewhere

FWIW, I have Huper ceramic on one of my trucks and global QDP of basically the same V!T on another one of my trucks. The ceramic gets noticeably hotter and I can feel the heat radiating off of it....not so with the QDP. ... from the exterior they both look similar. 

Guest Malloy

TomTint, when you say you can feel the heat radiating off the ceramic tint, but not off the global qdp, are you referring to the inside if the truck or the outside?  Which tint do you like best, the qdp or ceramic?

From what I see online the tser range for qdp is 36%- 30%vlt to 42%- 6%vlt. That's not very impressive. I know you guys rave about global, especially qdp. Is it longevity price and ease of install that you like about it? Numbers like that are are entry level and leave people unsatisfied at least here in Texas. Tom have you compared it to other ceramics? We carry solar fx ceramic and people love its performance. The real world feel is very close to Crystalline and better than Ctx. Not talking trash about global. Really just wondering? 

On a side note; I think that window film performance has reached it's peak. I hear about Stratos having the same radiant heat from heavy absorption like Tom is describing with Huper and it makes sense. I feel like Crystalline has always been on top, 60% tser 97% super magic IR rejection yadda yadda. But it's a hard sell when we also have solar fx ceramic which has the same real world feel pretty much, in a regular looking film in normal vlts (66%tser in limo) without the $600 price tag.