Ceramic tint, waste of time?

Guest Jsport1495

14 minutes ago, Gary_tintington said:

On a side note; I think that window film performance has reached it's peak. I hear about Stratos having the same radiant heat from heavy absorption like Tom is describing with Huper and it makes sense. I feel like Crystalline has always been on top, 60% tser 97% super magic IR rejection yadda yadda. But it's a hard sell when we also have solar fx ceramic which has the same real world feel pretty much, in a regular looking film in normal vlts (66%tser in limo) without the $600 price tag. 

There are 3 things Window Film is capable of doing with heat and light. Absorb it, Reflect it or Transmit it....nothing else.. if it's not shiny...it's absorbing the heat ( ceramic ) if it's absorbing it..it will re radiate it. ..( think about asphalt ) ..soaks up the suns radiation and re radiates it back.. Film is no different. 

17 hours ago, Gary_tintington said:

I know that. You said you could feel the radiant heat more with huper though, which is reflective, compared to qdp ceramic? If you meant their ceramic? Which I assume is not reflective. Is that right? 

The Huper Ceramic is not reflective, and yes I can feel the heat radiating off of it more than the QDP

14 minutes ago, Gary_tintington said:

Interesting. I remember Huper ceramic being shiny like 3m ceramic. 

VLR is 12% ish...very low.

IMG_1767.PNG

Edited by TomTint