1 hour ago, Gary_tintington said:

Have any of you guys metered this film after install?  My rep swears up and down that the 25% meters at 25%vlt after install.

I think they're shifting to that way of marketing film. The Obsidian line is that way within a percent or two or three anyway 

1 hour ago, Gary_tintington said:

Have any of you guys metered this film after install?  My rep swears up and down that the 25% meters at 25%vlt after install.

We use the 25% and it meter at 26%.  We had stock the 35% of it is too light so got a sample of the 25% and it was the perfect color. Been using the 25% for 2 months now and love it...

2 hours ago, Guest guest said:

how does it compare to fx-hp? price? tser?

It is more expensive of coarse since it is a Ceramic IR window film, but not horribly more expensive.  Never carried the FX line, but you can compare it to the specs below.  Installation is the same as a regular dyed film even though the film feels thicker.

3M Ceramic IR Brochure.pdf

Edited by DynamicATL

So you decided to offer it to your customers? I feel it’s made the same place as obsidian and CS, you?

On 11/20/2019 at 8:44 PM, DynamicATL said:

It is more expensive of coarse since it is a Ceramic IR window film, but not horribly more expensive.  Never carried the FX line, but you can compare it to the specs below.  Installation is the same as a regular dyed film even though the film feels thicker.

3M Ceramic IR Brochure.pdf 5.4 MB · 66 downloads

Edited by tintmasterjon

10 hours ago, tintmasterjon said:

So you decided to offer it to your customers? I feel it’s made the same place as obsidian and CS, you?

Yes, we love the Ceramic IR.  It has the same feel as Obsidian and CS but it shrinks like a regular dyed film.  Obsidian shrinks like CS which is the main reason we didn't go with it as our entry level...just took more time.  The only thing that sucks about the CIR is the 3M logos do not easily come off like it does on the other lines.

Edited by DynamicATL

8 hours ago, DynamicATL said:

Yes, we love the Ceramic IR.  It has the same feel as Obsidian and CS but it shrinks like a regular dyed film.  Obsidian shrinks like CS which is the main reason we didn't go with it as our entry level...just took more time.  The only thing that sucks about the CIR is the 3M logos do not easily come off like it does on the other lines.

That logo is hard to come off...we use paper towel and 91% ipa and it come off easier.