50 minutes ago, usa5655 said:

just wondering, how much would you guys charge for 3m ceramic Ir?

Full Windshield price?

also all around But no windshield? 

That really depends on your area, I have seen CA rates double that of other states.  I would just call around to the local 3M shops from a cell phone and get a price quote on a coupe and sedan...I do this every 6 months.

3 minutes ago, DynamicATL said:

That really depends on your area, I have seen CA rates double that of other states.  I would just call around to the local 3M shops from a cell phone and get a price quote on a coupe and sedan...I do this every 6 months.

:yeah I do basically the same thing, I get a quote on a sedan and an SUV although I only do it once a year unless something comes up to prompt a check sooner than that. 

Figured i'd post here since there isn't much info on a customer review of the new 3M Ceramic IR. My BMW M2 has 3M Crystalline 70 on the Front windshield and 3M Ceramic IR 25 around the rest of the windows. (Windshield meters out to 60.4% rest of windows meters out to 22.9% on my BMW M2). Hottest sunny day has been 88F degrees and can say the heat rejection is pretty darn good (I had Formula 1 Pinnacle 15 on my Miata and even Suntek CIR 20 on another Miata).

I've seen a YouTube video where it is said that the film is supposed to match the factory "Smoke" color to it, but I am not finding this to be the case (at least not on a BMW). From the outside the 3M Ceramic IR 25 does have a hint of blue to it [you'd really need to look at an angle] but it's not really that bad [perhaps the Ceramic IR 20 version shows less?). Anyway, it's nowhere near as bad as the Suntek CIR nor 3M Crystalline in a 20% (both those films i've seen have a strong blueish reflective color to it and swore i'd never get them (20% crystalline) again) .  From the inside, on a sunny day you can tell it has a blueish hue to it and does have some of that ceramic "haze" when the sun is beaming right on it. But again, it doesn't bother me since I know that is due to the properties of the ceramic tint and loving the heat rejection. In my area at least, the 3M Crystalline combo with Ceramic IR was a better price ($200 cheaper) than F1 Stratos (for front windshield) combo'd with F1 Pinnacle.

I do not regret the decision i've made (in fact the Blueish hue goes perfectly with a Blue car), but if I had to do it again, i'd go with the F1 Pinnacle on the sides and 3M Crystalline on the front. Personally, from the outside, I think the F1 Pinnacle has the best Ceramic tint color to it ("charcoal").

**To date, the 3M Color Stable is still my favorite colored film, pure black and looks nearly factory; but since i've gone Ceramic, i don't think I can go back to 3M CS.

49736700682_d3a4ffb2f8_c.jpg

49736700307_585de551ac_c.jpg

49732257043_6f36ac5b06_c.jpg

49753311391_27ba5be366_c.jpg

49753639627_e965c8af8a_c.jpg

Edited by StarMan

Looks great! I do want to add that the color your seeing has a lot to do with the natural color of your stock glass...basically the combo of the two together. If you see the film by itself, it may look completely different. 3M CIR has a very neutral appearance to me. 3M Crystalline 40/20 has no blue, they are both brownish. 3M Color Stable has the most blue out of any of them. I've had 2 complaints from customers about the 3M CS being too blue...both were BMW owners. F1 Pinnacle has a greenish hue to it. I haven't uploaded the last couple of months of photos from the camera but we just did a M2. I will have to get the photos and see what film was installed.

To give people another example, the below is a video done by one of our customers. It is 3M CIR 35 (50 on the windshield) on his Mercedes-AMG E63...it shows before tint, after tint in bright sunlight, and after tint in regular sunlight.

Edited by DynamicATL

Yea, maybe i'll take back my comment "if I had to do it again, i'd go with the F1 Pinnacle" as I didn't think about the glass window color being different on other cars. I just remember F1 Pinnacle on my 17' Miata being more neutral when looking from the outside in (i do remember looking from the inside out, it having a dark green hue to it on a sunny day). Like I said, the "blueish" hue isn't all that noticeable most days with the 3M CIR. (unlike the Suntek CIR, I could not stand the color either inside or out on my Miata, so I had swapped it to F1).

Overall I'm happy with 3M CIR and glad they finally put a Ceramic film to compete with other brands :)

4 hours ago, StarMan said:

Yea, maybe i'll take back my comment "if I had to do it again, i'd go with the F1 Pinnacle" as I didn't think about the glass window color being different on other cars. I just remember F1 Pinnacle on my 17' Miata being more neutral when looking from the outside in (i do remember looking from the inside out, it having a dark green hue to it on a sunny day). Like I said, the "blueish" hue isn't all that noticeable most days with the 3M CIR. (unlike the Suntek CIR, I could not stand the color either inside or out on my Miata, so I had swapped it to F1).

Overall I'm happy with 3M CIR and glad they finally put a Ceramic film to compete with other brands :)

Yep, especially 3M Crystalline. I have seen it look brownish, blueish, and silverish depending on the vehicle. It is a guessing game when selling it since we like to let the customer know what the outcome will look like before we start. Out of the Llumar/3M lines we carry, I like the 3M Color Stable coloring the best but the 3M CIR is my favorite overall film right now. It took them forever to launch the product and definitely late to the market with it but I think it is one of the best Ceramic options out there right now.