spacer
3M Training
Llumar
xpel
spacer
Sign in to follow this  
303SubbieImprezie

Did I get a bad tint job on my car?

Huge gaps on 2 windows for sure. But I’ve seen worse.  The drivers window is obviously a failed attempt to shave the top edge during install. It’s most obvious to me because I gave up shaving top edges for a while because of these results lol. Take it back and get em to warranty it out. At $400 for CIR. They should. 

Guest mugen master

i’m guessing the tint shop that did your windows used a plotter to precut the windows for your vehicle. sometimes not every template is exactly as the window are. i’ve used tint tech for about 3 years now. even on some templates i’ve seen don’t look so promising. i have done both shaving the edge or leaving a small 8th or 16th of an inch. it just all depends on how the edge of the film lines up with the edge of the windows. about the driver window edge. sometime the film will move when he/she rolls the window up. sometimes it’s best to just address the issue with the tinter and i’m sure he/she will fix the issues. looks good the second time. 

If custy doesnt like it, then its needs to be replaced. I rarely get comebacks, but would never care to replace a window because I know that if it was right I would not be getting a call about it. 

That top edge looks like they should of scrubbed it. Also, if you see this after cleaning its from rolling the window up in the channel, picking up trash before final clean. 

It looks like what I call a tijajuana tint job. Plotters cut crappy patterns that never match up on the top edge. If I’m installing a plotter cut pattern I usually cut the top edge exact on the window when shrinking. Way faster , cleaner and easier than filing . A good tint shop will have a close consistent top edge every time . And definitely shouldn’t charge you extra to do it right. 

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

3M Training

Contact TintDude tintdude@gmail.com