suntekfilms
armolanusa.com
tintwiz.com
Patterns.3M
spacer
Sign in to follow this  
dirtybrown

First Time

First time trying to tint anything, had trouble in one corner (see photo) any tips or tricks?

I also ain’t sure if I had my slip solution mixed right....what kind of ratio are y’all using? (Used dawn btw)

thanks for the help in advance guys

D1AE2BFE-FAD0-4CB8-A4F8-7D31BC386099.jpeg

D30E8C07-90FF-4816-9FF5-4ECF34EC29D5.jpeg

Looks like creases, which may or may not have anything to do with mixture. The more slip the less likely it will do that, but that's not the only cause of them.

It's not perfect, but as a DYI - I don't think I would I would worry too much about it. Tinting is a skill... so as someone who doesn't do it for a living... can't expect a perfect job. IMO

Practice all you can. Watch videos over and over again. I bought a 50 ft roll then 100 and 2 more after that. I slso try it differant ways top load bottom load remove door panel leave them on. Ive tinted my car to many times to count. Every time it looks better. Still cant get a perfect BG. Although it is getting better. And buy tools that you need. Good luck  

Ratio is usually 1 oz per gallon which comes out to about 8 mls per quart/liter. I'm usually within 8 mls up to about 12 mls (12 when i need extra slip) of Dawn Simple Clean per quart or liter.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this