Graphtec fc8600 plotter

raheel

I recently purchased 52" graphtec fc8600 plotter for tint and ppf and trying to setup speed and force for tint film. I am using blue holder with 30 degree blade for tint. I adjust blade in holder bu cutting the sheet to make sure its not cutting the liner and cut just the tint sheet. I setup my speed 20 and force 18. I tried with less then force 18 and it dont cut the film but with 18 it cut the film but some area it cut the liner of tint film as well.. Please help if anyone have this plotter or know about setting. I am new with plotter

You may have already gauged your cut strip if you have the blade too far out of holder.  It barely needs to be exposed out of tip to cut window film.  

Adjust your blade positioning and start at force of 10, speed of 15.  Test cut and adjust force by increasing to 11, then 12 and so on (1 point increments) until cutting well.  If you can feel a groove in cutting strip with fingernails you may need to replace strip with new.

I do feel the guaged with my finger on the cutting strip. But when I cut the windows some place the film cut too deep or some place it barely put a mark in the film. I put the speed at 20 and force 18 but some place its deep cut but last cut will barley mark the film. 

First replace your cutting strip.  Make sure you remove any adhesive left behind before putting new strip in.  Reset your settings.  18 is way too high on force.  Slow speed to 15, start with force of 10, reset with your blade barely exposed and test cut.  If you need to bump up force do only by 1 degree at a time.  After you are cutting well adjust speed up to 20 if you want a faster cut.