suntekfilms
tintwiz.com
3M
spacer
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Killerbear

YOUR Thoughts on flexfilm

Guest Killerbear

What to try new film, have y’all used flexfilm ? 

Open to other film. 

Im using solargard at the moment 

I appreciate the effort the man has put into building a brand. His videos are (mostly) informative and his general tips and techniques gave me a lot of direction when I was beginning.

I have ZERO experience with the film itself though so I can't comment on that.

Nanoflex has THE MOST low angle haze that I have ever seen. I don't know how shops sell it to customers. We have also have never been able to get FlexFilm to honor their warranty. Their other lines look much better in all fairness.

For the life of me..I can't figure out why you guys buy from these type of outfits. At some point in the future, like all the others before him, he will go tits up and leave you guys with zero warranty support period. Think about your business in the long term..not right now because you can "save" 10.00 a roll. .. Short sighted decisions like that will cost you years and tens of thousands of dollars in the future. 

8 hours ago, TomTint said:

For the life of me..I can't figure out why you guys buy from these type of outfits. At some point in the future, like all the others before him, he will go tits up and leave you guys with zero warranty support period. Think about your business in the long term..not right now because you can "save" 10.00 a roll. .. Short sighted decisions like that will cost you years and tens of thousands of dollars in the future. 

exactly!!!!

Hi Killerbear,

Whilst I can't claim to have to have any personal experience installing Flexfilm, I wanted to put forward an observation in the hope it will help folks avoid potential future frustration.

Many on this board have witnessed the birth and progression of Flexfilm. From the start there were clouds lurking over the integrity of the owner of the business.

We've seen some very unhappy individuals come out of the woodwork that have stressed their anger regarding the outcome of using the said products from Flexfilm for a prolonged period. Many expressing their concerns and some warning others from learning the difficult lesson they had to face.

Some individuals that supply products to businesses stand behind their goods and take care of those that have trusted them to help take their business to the next level. Some are interested in themselves and when things go wrong, they are ready to blame others for their failures and construct a story to weasel their way out of having to follow through with the things they promised at the beginning.

With this said it does come as a surprise at times when I see some of the angry former Flex customers that we don't see the owner defend his position. To his credit some how manages to just make up a story, ignore the issues until they go away and wipe himself off and keep going for the next potential sale.

There is a few of us that refer to him as 'Teflon Ralph'. Simply because it seems like nothing sticks.

As a solution to a new film option, could I suggest looking for a product that has a proven track record. Forget price, it's all relative. There is some great products available from companies like Eastman and Garware (And others) that have been given good feedback here from some of the best installers on TintDude.

I hope this helps.

Michael.

Edited by Glass Tinting Supplies