To all shop callers! How would you handle this situation?

It’s a 2018 Civic hatchback. Install is straight forward I have an oe glass that shrink backglass on. Doors were computer cut. Nothing was taken off car except for the cargo screen to gain access to the backglass. Customer sent many pictures and I was not sure what the problem was until she circled the picture. Says that window seal is bent from my installation. The only thing I can think of that might of caused that is something all of us Tinter’s do and that is slightly push the window out and up and we roll it up. Bare in mind customer is a female in her early 30’s. How do you guys diffuse the situation?She is pretty pissed and is coming in tomorrow for me to fix. No complaints about workmanship but did say there’s bubbles which I’m assuming it’s because it’s not dry yet. Any war stories that relate to this situation? Thanks 

To me it just looks like the weather strip is dislodged from it's channel. Hard to say 100% without it in front of me but you should be able to roll the window down and get it fit back in place. You could've done it with outward pressure while rolling the window up but more likely it was like that to begin with. Honda's are particularly bad about that in my experience but speaking as someone who works for a new dealer I see fucked up stuff like that all the time on new ones. Generally it goes unnoticed by the public at large, until you work on the adjacent area and they have a reason to pay closer attention. Everyone assumes that the new car they're buying off the lot is flawless when in reality I can find at least one  flaw on every new car on the lot, it may be nitpicky in some cases but they're there. At the end of the day I'd say just take care of it, make your customer happy and move on, it's not worth taking a negative review over.

It looks like it will just tuck back up into run channel.  Pull a little more out for better tuck into the corner.  If it pops out again, you could add a small drop of urethane on the inside channel to hold it in place....or buy a new seal.   In either case,  correct the way it sits and tell customer "the rubber will have some memory, let it set a week or so to mold back to proper profile".  Some times this helps.

Edited by Dentpusher

Update customer missed her appointment and wanted to reschedule for later in the day. I had ask have you tried rolling the windows down yet? She said no. I told her you can try that the windows are fully cured by now. Later I get a text that a friend of hers has looked at it and corrected it by trimming the rubber and windows look good. I’m glad that’s over with. 

12 hours ago, Tint Slayer said:

the rubber towards the bottom looks slightly scuffed and damaged and looks like something hit it pushing upwards

I didn’t do nothing to the rubber except clean it with alcohol prior to tinting. Nothing a lil armor all can’t fix. 

I personally have seen MANY new vehicles come from the dealer with flaws, and these are vehicles without even a few hundred miles on them. Unfortunately most consumers don't start to notice imperfections until after they have had some type of after market work done to it, in our case being window tinting.