average time it takes you to tint a vehicle?

Hi guys, how long does it take a novice to intermediate tinter to install the film? I dont konw what im doing wrong. Before I installed on a dodge caravan or a jeep cherokee in 40mins each. Now any car, im taking 1-6 hours. What the heck am i doing wrong and how can I adjust to improve to make more profit?

It would be great if you list the steps of what you do while approaching the vehicle and pictures of your tools/equipment beside you. My work area is a mess, i barely use an apron to carry my tools so theyre scatttered and always have to waste time looking. Also how do you make or buy those film roll holders to place on the walls so I dont have to open a tint box everytime?

THANKS!

Organization is for sure a key to saving time, also u need to find a system that u follow on every vehicle, for me it is pull car in, establish if it needs felt taped, and or will bottom seals come out, wipe down all windows, put soap on back glass to let dry, cut film, if by myself I will usually clean each window as I go and do back window last, finally do any touch ups and wipe car down and ship it, most cars are between 45- 1.25 for me. When I first started I was around 2.5-3 hrs

Yup! When I used to work out of my garage or first opened the shop I was a hot mess always looking for stuff. You need to reduce your steps. I wasted so much time. Get a tool belt for starters. We also use a mobile tray or cart. 

Coming up with a process that is good for you takes time, trial and error. I'm not going to list every step I do but I always start off cleaning the exterior of the car and then deep cleaning the interior. That's just so I'm doing all those things in one swoop. Then develop your own process. Good luck

Guest mugen master

organize organize organize is the key to success. knowing where all your tools are saves time. Always try new ways of doing something. watch how other tinters install certain windows for examples the rear windows to the quarters windows. everyone has tricks. i mean i average about 1000 vehicles a year, and every vehicle is done differently. i’ve been tinting for 20 years and i still learn new tricks from guys that just started tinting. practice makes perfection. good luck. 

On 9/18/2019 at 9:56 AM, pbalentine said:

Seriously, how can you be that fast if you live on this forum?? Just a bunch or posers. 

Where did that come from? I just reread the thread and not sure who you are talking to. None of the guys in this thread are on as much or have as many posts as you do. How is that 'living on this forum'? Most people are offering some helpful advice. So that makes them 'just a bunch of posers'? 

I don't understand your statement.

On average, the actual tinting takes about 40-60 minutes per car. However the car is generally at my shop for about 1.5 hours. I have to talk to the customer. Pull the car inside. Prep it. Cut it. Tint it. Clean it. Pull it outside. Touch up. Bill the customer out and give him care instructions. The entire time I’m fielding phone calls or dealing with an occasional used car customer. Some cars don’t take as long. Some take longer. But I always over-estimate the time for the customer(1.5-2 hours). Under promise and over deliver.