Proposal for exclusive territory rights.

2 hours ago, Show me your tint's! said:

Hello All,

I am looking to branch out and expand my business and need to put together a short proposal to the supplier.  Does anyone have a template, suggestions or advice on how to do so?  

Thanks in advance!

I suspect they will provide you with THEIR "contract" for any exclusivie territory..... And good luck with all that... 

19 minutes ago, Show me your tint's! said:

Not sure exactly what you mean but take you have not had good experience's with THEIR "contract".  We already have a territory and signed contact for 6 years and have not any issue's at all!  

Well than you already know the ropes. I would suspect that if you presented them with your own draft of a contract and expected them to sign it... they wouldn't. I also believe the "exclusive" teratorry you believe you have solidified..is only safe as long as another shop does not want in and is able to stroke a large check to do so. 

I agree they wouldn't sign my own draft nor would I expect them to.  I do understand the competitive of the business and threat of losing business, a territory, etc.  It's the nature of the beast.  That said I was just curious if anyone had suggestions for a formal written proposal.  I have never really done this for a territory. When I got my first one it was done via a few meetings.  That said I do appreciate you responding!

Thanks!