Building new peel board

So this weekend I found a window at our local RESTORE for 20$. Naturally I bought it and stripped the frame off. The window measure 49" x 61" and its heavy AF! It's a dual-pane tempered glass with gas in-between and there's is a pretty decent gap that I haven't measured yet.

I'm wondering if it would be better two separate the two from each other and just use one. Then keep the other one for backup or make it doubled sided peel board.

I honestly don't know much about these or how to separate them. What do you guys recommend?

20190914_162838.jpg.c13849ec62068df0083ec644bbc8bd59.jpgResized_20190914_135110.jpeg.45fe59cde68856ed2fea806ad6fcc286.jpeg

Also I borrowed the blueprints from someone on here and modified it for my window. I might as well keep updating this so hopefully it can help the next person.

Here are the blueprints, thanks to who ever made these. I'll continue to update as I get time to work on this. Home Depot didn't have 6' 4x4 only 8'.

I'll get more into detail and more pictures hopefully this weekend.

Edited by Ross

20 hours ago, Ross said:

Also I borrowed the blueprints from someone on here and modified it for my window. I might as well keep updating this so hopefully it can help the next person.

Here are the blueprints, thanks to who ever made these. I'll continue to update as I get time to work on this. Home Depot didn't have 6' 4x4 only 8'.

I'll get more into detail and more pictures hopefully this weekend.

Lmk if you need it modified any-

PeelBoard_082217.JPG.02bec0f37915b8de5e3f0ca3a259b7e0.JPG

1 hour ago, Ross said:

@Tint Slayer Thanks for sharing the blueprints. I did modify it already myself to the size of my glass. Basically instead of 6 ft wide I shorten it to five feet all together. Also, I increased the length of the 4x4, the two which the caster wheels are bolted to, from 2' 4" to 3'. Here are my pictures so far. 

[removed pics for reply]

Duuuuude, looks amazing! The 3'-0 long base looks better, i was going to call out 3'-0 like you did but i wanted it to fit thru doorways if needed though i can't think of many reasons for that need lol. The vertical sides should be screwed into that little piece for extra bracing. The only concern i had was i tried to do without the diagonal bracing like shown in the pic below, i made the connection at the base beefy to where it should be ok, but let me know if you ever feel it needed the brace or if it doesn't feel solid or any input and i'll change the drawing and repost.

I also was thinking of using a 6"+ roof gutter centered under the wood at the bottom of the glass so the water collects and goes out the side.  

Are those 3/8" lag screws you used to connect it?

Great job and great choice in film!

image.png.561171e9d682fd2a150adaca01305b0d.png

Edited by Tint Slayer

Hey thanks! Yeah I'm really happy with is so far honestly it's been a lot of fun but yeah it's obviously not finished yet this was just as far as I got last night. I still need to work on it which is why you don't see that lag bolt through the bottom of the vertical 4 by 4. I'm going to add a lot more accessories to it so I'll keep updating this post as I continued.

Lag bolts on using are, 5/16 in. x 5-1/2 in. Hex Zinc Plated Lag Screw.

Once I finish I'll post all the parts and prices. But I'll tell you what the hardware for this was a lot more expensive in the wood. The lag bolts alone where a dollar apiece. But I'm planning on working on her tonight and hopefully finishing it and I'm using an aluminum angle bar to support the glass.

20191001_220300.jpg.a41d6c22ef462f2a0aa73347cc4d8b45.jpg

Update:

So I started this project with a dual-pane "tempered" (so I was told) glass bought from relocate store. Well since my father thought it was a good idea to remove the wood trim, I now have single-pane glass which the other pane broke into large sharp pieces... So obviously is not tempered which means I'm going to have replace soon.

Anyways to hang the glass I went with an aluminum angle bar and screwed it down with just enough gap to install the glass. Also have one on top for support. 

Since I use up all my patients while I tinting and decided to cut corners by measuring wants and then eyeing it. 🙃 The glad extends pass the boards and I need to even everything out.

Anyone have any suggestions on what they would use to mount the glass? If so maybe a picture or link.

Edited by Ross