Tint school?

On October 5, 2019 at 6:11 PM, florida tinter said:

I think 20k is fair price to learn to have a highly profitable business !

On October 6, 2019 at 5:55 PM, highplains said:

My question is do you honestly think that you can learn all of that, plus how to install, and then retain the information in only two weeks? 

I don't think @Midtown Houston is out of line. I also agree with @florida tinter with what that training could ultimately set you up for.

But, as @highplains is saying, what are the chances of you retaining all of that information in a two week period? Install, sales and general business training. That's a crash course at best time line wise.

I would like to see someone offer a more industry focused business training program. Something more geared toward our industry. That would be valuable to me. I'm a firm believer that the best way to gain speed and quality on your installs, within reason, is repetition. The business side however, you could make some small adjustments that could turn into huge profits and never "stumble across" them no matter how long you're in business.

4 hours ago, ErieTint said:

I don't think @Midtown Houston is out of line. I also agree with @florida tinter with what that training could ultimately set you up for.

But, as @highplains is saying, what are the chances of you retaining all of that information in a two week period? Install, sales and general business training. That's a crash course at best time line wise.

I would like to see someone offer a more industry focused business training program. Something more geared toward our industry. That would be valuable to me. I'm a firm believer that the best way to gain speed and quality on your installs, within reason, is repetition. The business side however, you could make some small adjustments that could turn into huge profits and never "stumble across" them no matter how long you're in business.

I’m old school...I can teach you to tint efficiency and teach you on almost every style...as far as business goes...I built a million dollar business but I did it in time which mean it took me over 8yrs for my business to gross over a million a year in sale...I Used up alot of my time learning because there was rarely anyone to teach me and made many mistakes...looking back, I wish someone was there to teach me all the tips and tricks...but I had to learn it the hard way.....I don’t just teach anyone, in-fact I turn alot of guys down due to being new, mobile, not being properly equipped....

Edited by Midtown Houston

4 hours ago, Jack Buffet said:

Window tinting is taught by various schools but we have to find the best one. I have also find various tinting schools but out of them http://tintcollege.com/ tint college is the best one I found. So you can once go through the tint college website. 

I have said it before,  ..A monkey with a squeegee can tint a window.  If these "tint schools" are only going to show you how to put the shit on the glass... it's a waste of money. A school should spend more time teaching you the business, teaching you the marketing, teaching you who and where to target customers in your specific area, etc. ...